ID:260923

My game is Dragon Ball Zee and it has 61 players right now. But when I go to Byond.com and list games by #players my game is nowhere in the results, even tho it has enough players to be on the first page of results.

I suspect my game has been blocked by one of the new site features. But I don't see why...
The Zee Man wrote:
My game is Dragon Ball Zee and it has 61 players right now. But when I go to Byond.com and list games by #players my game is nowhere in the results, even tho it has enough players to be on the first page of results.

I suspect my game has been blocked by one of the new site features. But I don't see why...

When you go to edit the hub entry, it should provide a status and a reason. Most likely it was automatically pulled into a fangame/anime filter and you simply need to update it accordingly (usually supplying a description). This assumes it isn't a rip.
In response to Tom
•The game must be truly your own, not simply edited from a "codebase"; i.e. it must not be a "rip".

This is ambiguous. Is it a rip if I -made- the original source and am now using it to make another game? I think not. But surely if I submit the game whoever is the decider on these matters will ignorantly label it as a rip immediately.

I made Finale, and Phoenix is a rip of Finale, so how about yall hide that like yall hid Dragon Ball Zee, which is my direct sequel to Finale? This is a very biased system.

•The resources used by your game are original work or are used with the permission of their respective authors.

My graphics come from literally hundreds of places, and most of those places are unknown to me. All the icons were community provided. But yall still list games like Finale, Phoenix, and DB PVP which uses the exact same graphics as mine.

•You understand that any submission violating these rules may be suppressed or deleted at any time, and future hub posting privileges may be revoked or a ban may be applied to your account.

Really? Why would I even risk submitting my game then? Who owns Byond now? Kim Jong Il?

There is no reason listed for my game being suppressed. But I assume its the "your game is a rip" reason. But how would yall know that? It's a direct sequel to Dragon Ball Finale which is the game I originally made. Dragon Ball Phoenix is a rip of Finale which is unauthorized, yet yall still allow it to be shown. Why the bias?
In response to Tom
Welcome to being guildmaster of BYOND Anime, Tom. =P Enjoy.
In response to The Zee Man
The Zee Man wrote:
There is no reason listed for my game being suppressed. But I assume its the "your game is a rip" reason. But how would yall know that? It's a direct sequel to Dragon Ball Finale which is the game I originally made. Dragon Ball Phoenix is a rip of Finale which is unauthorized, yet yall still allow it to be shown. Why the bias?

It's not bias, and it's not set in stone. We seeded games with some initial information from guilds. This stuff can and will change, and we will consider your arguments.

Understand our position here. BYOND is flooded with clones of games. This update is an attempt to correct that so that other games get a chance to shine through. Now I can see an argument for an "acceptable rip"-- a game that is authorized to be a clone of another-- but that still doesn't change the problem of having 1000s of the same type of game. Perhaps we may be able to group them under a common umbrella hub, though.
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 wrote:
Welcome to being guildmaster of BYOND Anime, Tom. =P Enjoy.

I'm not the one doing the game assignments.
In response to Tom
Nor was I. But being head guy, you know where all the complaints end up. Just another one of your many burdens.
In response to Tom
Well I'll become a BYOND member and try to submit my game, explaining that I am the owner of Dragon Ball Finale and Dragon Ball Zee is a direct authorized sequel to Dragon Ball Finale. Yet Zee is blocked while unauthorized copies like Phoenix are allowed to still exist.

I do not have a good feeling about this. I have a feeling Im wasting my money becoming a member. I know how unreasonable the lower-level byond minions, like Stephen001, really are. The guy admitted to having a personal grudge against me. But I'm not getting into this again...
In response to The Zee Man
I wouldn't worry, I'm not a lower level BYOND minion. You're quite safe.
In response to Tom
Well, this also [messes up] all non-member developers.
it sounds like a stupid excuse for byond to earn more money >_<
i agree with taking all rips out, but like this it's not possible to start a game to begin with. Let's face it, even if you keep it like this and every creator gets a membership. You think someone who just started developing is gonna buy a membership?
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Perhaps we may be able to group them under a common umbrella hub, though.

^I like that idea. Clones they may be, but sometimes they can be fun~!
In response to Rika00
Rika00 wrote:
Tom wrote:
Perhaps we may be able to group them under a common umbrella hub, though.

^I like that idea. Clones they may be, but sometimes they can be fun~!

I like this... How can you supress so many games... Now NO ONE can find them... they may have been their favorite games. It was ok to exclude them from guild... really who cares but for them to be "on" the website but not be "visible" on the website... that is redundant... I believe they should be listed in their own common tag as anime game are listed as anime but have another tag like unoriginal and such and still be searchable because the new byond stinks and it doesnt allow the new comes and the old players to fully enjoy byond.. their are literally like 4 games when i type naruto in search when I know their are at least 20 live I could try out.... Me and my friends like to explore and Im sure all my fellow byond peeps like to explore peoples new ideas to a game rip or not... hear me out as a fellow paying byond member.

Thank You
In response to Shadowprobe
If it's a rip, too bad. It's not going to be listed.

I'm a little ticked that they've implemented the "Show Fangames" button. Tom already had said they would be listed, and they should be listed normally. Filtering out fangames from the normal listings is going a little too overboard, especially when there's not that much original content on BYOND left.

Tom should though, stand by his decision of suppressing rips. If they backslide, even the slightest, we're going to be in the exact same situation we were in before the site redesign.
In response to Flame Sage
Summmary: "Stop liking what I don't like!"

You should be glad the "Show Fangames" button exists.
In response to Airjoe
Show Fangames doesnt even show the games... >.> How are we suppose to discover new games we cant even find... I personally am sick of playing GOA because guess what... it will never truly update nor change.... Many of these currently listed games are not what at least 40% and even that is probably an understatement what to play... It was already based on guilds.. that was fine but to completely act like a game doesnt exist... I cant find any game anymore -_- I know its there but what am I suppose to do.. guess the name of it.
Rips are bad. All it does is pollute the hub, be GLAD they're gone.
Shadowprobe wrote:
Show Fangames doesnt even show the games...

You could use the fangame and anime tags to find those games.
In response to Android Data
Android Data wrote:
Shadowprobe wrote:
Show Fangames doesnt even show the games...

You could use the fangame and anime tags to find those games.

No you can't.. Those games as I've noticed did not recieve a tag therefore they can not be searched and so basically They cant even really find their hub. How are people even gonna seen a BYOND MEMBER'S snapshots on the hub (well payed for benefit) maybe join their guild for their game as Iwant to do for a game, see hub pic gfx artists worked hard on, rules, reqs and more that sometimes typically reside on the hub. THEY CAN'T
Rules and requirements belong in game. It's a blessing if it's not on the hub.
In response to Moonlight Memento
They dont "belong" anywhere because their is no handbook that says that. Honestly.. 0%-2% access to a hub and forums, websites etc is beyond improbable and their is nothing that can persuade me believe different.
Page: 1 2