ID:261000

In Shadow Realms, I found a prompt() with a cancel button, exactly what I need for my game! I can't figure out how you did it Ebonshadow, so I ask for your help. In your game, it's when you talk to the merchant selling the backpacks. All I get when using prompt is the "None" button.

If anyone else know, feel free to answer... (quick:)

/Andreas
On 1/2/01 5:34 am Gazoot. wrote:
In Shadow Realms, I found a prompt() with a cancel button, exactly what I need for my game! I can't figure out how you did it Ebonshadow, so I ask for your help. In your game, it's when you talk to the merchant selling the backpacks. All I get when using prompt is the "None" button.

If anyone else know, feel free to answer... (quick:)

/Andreas

This is very simple, I used a verb instead. When it comes and askes you what to want to buy, its really the arguements to the verb.

In response to Ebonshadow
This is very simple, I used a verb instead. When it comes and askes you what to want to buy, its really the arguements to the verb.

I don't understand... When are you supplying the arguments to the verb?

Meanwhile, it's experiment time..! :)

/Andreas
In response to Gazoot

Here's what I *think* he means:

One of the nifty features of BYOND is that verb arguments can come from any list--even if the list is returned by a procedure call! So something like this should work:

mob/shopkeeper/verb/buy(myItem in src:GetItemsForSale())
set src in oview(1)

When the user types "buy", DreamSeeker will ask the server to evaluate the procedure call and get a list of items for sale. Neat, huh?

(Actually, it might have to be a global proc... not sure about the details. But if you play with it a little, you should have some luck.)
In response to Gazoot
On 1/2/01 10:08 am Gazoot. wrote:

Meanwhile, it's experiment time..! :)

/Andreas
It works just like a proc.
Here:
mob/shopkeeper
var/sells = list("sword","dagger")
verb(item in sells)
set src in view()
if(item == "sword") new/obj/sword(usr)
if(item == "dagger") new/obj/dagger(sur)

That help at all?