In response to Evil_SSJ4Vegeta
Evil_SSJ4Vegeta wrote:
Your the greatest helper ever, this is how I really needed it people, if all help was like this, life would be eaier and people would learn a hell of alot more things, but Ken your a really big help...THANK YOU

Evil_SSJ4Vegeta

No, they wouldnt. That wasnt learning, that was copy pasting code from a forum. If you understood it you wouldnt need him to come up with the code. What we all tried to do was make you understand HOW it works, if you just want pure answers with code snippets I suggest you stop trying because you simply wont get it, its for your own good.

Alathon
In response to Alathon
Actually, That was an "Example", I guarentee if you cut that and paste that exact code, you will not get what you want, It takes editing, and editing one thing to another, the way you wish, from an example, Is how i learned to code, And look at where I am now, if it was copying and pasting, he would have the complete code.

this works like it does in math class, You first get model problems, Look them over while you solve it, then you become acustom enough to do it spontaneously without reference, So i think examples make the best teachers, after all, learning is the work of the learner, the techer is only a supervisor that aids you and directs you, to keep you on the right path.
In response to SonVegitto
SonVegitto wrote:
Actually, That was an "Example", I guarentee if you cut that and paste that exact code, you will not get what you want, It takes editing, and editing one thing to another, the way you wish, from an example, Is how i learned to code, And look at where I am now, if it was copying and pasting, he would have the complete code.

this works like it does in math class, You first get model problems, Look them over while you solve it, then you become acustom enough to do it spontaneously without reference, So i think examples make the best teachers, after all, learning is the work of the learner, the techer is only a supervisor that aids you and directs you, to keep you on the right path.

Thats not entirely true. If you learn by examples, you are more likely to come back asking stupid questions(as prooved repeatedly by people with complex codes who dont know how to increase a variable). Even though it takes editing, im pretty sure that after a while he will come back and ask whats wrong with your code(mayby not, but im again talking about the general population of people who get code directly that doesnt work they dont understand) and then we will have to correct it anyways or you will, or someone will have to give him ANOTHER snippet with the corrected version and he still doesn't know this rather simple piece of code.

Thats just my opinion though, Im not saying its alwease bad to give a code snippet, im just saying that sometimes its better to let the person learn how to do something through words before you do it through code.

Alathon
Page: 1 2 3