ID:261258

Hello all. I want to make a save proc that automaticaly saves the character when they log out, so they don't have to worry about verbs and the like. I know there are tutorials and demos about this, but I want to write my own, with a little help from you guys :). What do I need to look up for this? I know Read() Write() and that's it. Am I missing any? Thank you.
If you know there's demos and tutorials... look at them. You say you want to make your own with a little help from us... so go do it! If we tell you how saving works here, we're just repeating what's already been said in demos and tutorials. There's no difference between reading it here and reading it there.
In response to LexyBitch
I want to make MY OWN though. The other examples are WAY too complicated for me to understand, so I really wouldn't learn anything from them. I was just saying that if I need help, I would ask. I can't ask the demo/tutorial why MY save proc doesn't work.
In response to The Wizard of How
here is the simplest saving code to date:

client/proc/SaveMob()
if(src != null)
var/savefile/F = new("players")
F["[src.key]"] << src.mob
client/proc/LoadMob()
if(src != null)
var/savefile/F = new("players")
F["[src.key]"] >> src.mob
client/Del()
if(src != null)
client.SaveMob()
return ..()

mob
verb
LoadMe()
client.LoadMob()
//this is a VERY simple example on how to load them, i would do it in the login menu if i were you.

FIREking

p.s. This saves/loads all variables, items, and anything a mob has, even icons, names, anything the mob has, it saves.
In response to FIREking
Thank you Fire, I learned a little from what you gave me. And thank you Lexy, I decided to use Deadron's Character Saving. Instead of copying and pasting it into my coding, I'm going to retype it, that'll help me grasp the coding more as well.

The forever Grateful,
~Wizard of How