ID:261325

I have looked over this demo many times and cant seem to get a icon that will not be effected by the Daycycle() and the rain, If any one could leave me an example of how to add this in i would be very greatful.

Super saiyan3
Super saiyan3 wrote:
I have looked over this demo many times and cant seem to get a icon that will not be effected by the Daycycle() and the rain, If any one could leave me an example of how to add this in i would be very greatful.

I would love to help, but your problem makes no sense. You seem to be saying that daycycle() and rain effect every icon in your game, which is clearly wrong. Explain what you want clearly.

As for "looking over" the demo, you can look at it all you want but until you actually examine what it is doing, it won't make any sense. Take it apart piece by piece and determine what each line makes the program do. If you are unfamiliar with something, look it up. That is how you learn from the demos, not by having other people write custom routines for your particular case.
In response to Shadowdarke
Ok. What i mean is that i would like an example of code left that will make something an inside area; but not through a verb.

for example

turf
carpet
icon='carpet.dmi'
???????? that is the part that would make this turf inside area.
In response to Super saiyan3
The simplest way would be to place inside areas with the DM map maker. You can place areas as easily as you place turfs, objs and mobs. There is an option that will draw a black borber around areas so you can easily see the division between one and another.

If you insist on doing it in the code, you could force the turf into an inside area in that turf's New() proc. Look at the verb in OutsideArea Demo to see how to change to an inside area, then put the relevant code in the turf's New() proc.
I will do and get back to you on it.
Well i just layered the turf i wanted to 8 and the mobs to 9 that way neither are effected by the day night and weather.