ID:261370

Were is a good equipment tutarail?

Also I need a battle system were the whole window turns black and you can put a single monster in the middle and you right in front of the monster and when the monster dies you go back to the world map is there a tutarail or does someone got the code for any thing simaler to this?
Open Server wrote:
Were is a good equipment tutarail?

Nadrew's weapon system is a good place to start. The code is quite simple, and you should be able to modify it from there to do whatever you want.

Also I need a battle system were the whole window turns black and you can put a single monster in the middle and you right in front of the monster and when the monster dies you go back to the world map is there a tutarail or does someone got the code for any thing simaler to this?

There are a few battle system demos and libraries out there, though I'm not sure if there's one for a DWO-style battle. You should check out what's out there, then if you don't find anything, start working through the problem on your own. If it comes to that, I suggest the following approach:

• Create a map level where just one corner is a battle area; don't worry about turfs or anything else yet.
  • Write code to save the user's location and then transport them to the arena along with the monster.
  • Write a loop for the attacks; this is probably implemented in a demo. You could make the player attack, then the monster attack, or mix it up a bit, use stats to determine how many hits each gets before the next combatant's turn, or whatever else you want to do. After every hit do a death check.
  • If the monster is killed (or all monsters, if more than one), give the player their reward and return them to where they came from.

Once you have a working battle system for one player, you can make it multiplayer (this has been discussed at length on other forums), then add touches like setting up turfs to match the right area, etc.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Here's another idea... if all you want is a black background for your battle system... just set the player's loc to null, and display the player, monster, and any other important battle elements as screen objects.