ID:261389

Sorry for asking so many questions but im learning alot;)
When the charater moves in a direction it flashes the icon of him walking then when it stops he it pointing south again, I need to know how to make it so when it walks it stays pointing in that direction and doesn't face south all the time. Thank you.
How exactly are you handling movement?
In response to Nadrew
I think default, I have no code that says anything about speed or anything. All I have is all the directions made for the mob and set it to movement state.
In response to Little Sally
You don't need to over write the client for movement, its much much easier than that. 1st in the icon editor make sure you have at least 4 directions of the icon drawn out in a movie file. Then Right click on the icon from the main menu, and click on Icon State. Below the box to name the icon state you will notice a little box for to make this icon a MOVEMENT icon, just put a check in this box, when you click ok you'll notice a Black M next to the icon. Now remove any client direction code you may of used, compile and when you move your character, it will both animate him walking in that direction as long as the movie file has those animations in it for those directions.

LJR

In response to LordJR
That is the way I have it, but it shows them walking in a direction but then they turn back to south after the animation is done.
Post your walking code that has the MOVE in it, and let me see if client.SOUTH is being redefined or called anywhere.

LJR
In response to LordJR
HAHA! Maybe that is the prob, I don't have walking code. Little help? ;)
You don't need a walking code if you have it in the icon, you need to make it a movement state as well.
In response to Nadrew
I did it, I had a mon moving icon and movement stat icon in save file. I did have one deleted but I guess I forgot to save it. Thanks for all the help though guys :P
Well you don't really need it for the problem your having, but this will help slow down the movement speed of your characters. Which is sure to be a question later. Just add or use this area to change anything you want from your movement. Also in the icon setup for the movie, make sure your not using anything like reverse loop or anything like that.

The code is as follows.

LJR

mob/pc

var/tmp

next_move_time = 0

movement_delay = 3
Move()

if (world.time >= next_move_time)

next_move_time = world.time + movement_delay

return ..() // Allows move

else

return 0 // Does not allow move
Ah well you now have code to slow your characters movement down! :)

LJR
In response to LordJR
Nm