ID:261464

I made a webpage using the Form obj in the Dream maker and then uploaded it to my webspace. Then once uploaded I viewed the .dmb file but all it gave me was this

#!/usr/local/byond/bin/DreamDaemon -CGI -logself -trusted world bin v322 min compatibility v317 @b EElkJKLHI @@FG@Y@@A QX@RG ?V!W+SRS TU+)*

and a lot more of just those character thingys. What should I do so it will view it as a webpage?
Your web host needs to have BYOND installed and have its web server configured to recognize .dmb files as valid CGI executables. Unfortunately, until BYOND gets really big, you may have a hard time convincing them to do so. Some of the better web hosts may be agreeable to doing this, though, so you might check with them.
In response to Air Mapster
Air Mapster wrote:
Your web host needs to have BYOND installed and have its web server configured to recognize .dmb files as valid CGI executables. Unfortunately, until BYOND gets really big, you may have a hard time convincing them to do so. Some of the better web hosts may be agreeable to doing this, though, so you might check with them.

What about that BYONDPoll made by Zial that I think works on a website?
In response to Green Lime
Green Lime wrote:

A BYONDPoll on your page sends form data to Zilal's BYOND server, which interprets the data and gives you the current results.
In response to Shadowdarke
Shadowdarke wrote:
Green Lime wrote:

A BYONDPoll on your page sends form data to Zilal's BYOND server, which interprets the data and gives you the current results.

How can I get a Byond Server?
Green Lime wrote:

Dantom doesn't offer BYOND space anymore.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Green Lime wrote:

O.O ahh forget it then.

OK PEOPLE!! I need a list of games so post them bellow and then Other people rate them so I can add them to my Byondopoly game board.

How to rate the games?
1=Worst
10=Best
I will then add all them together and divide them from the total # of people that rated the game give the %.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Green Lime wrote:

Nadrew's right. At one time, about a year ago, they offered BYOND space for a monthly fee. A few of the oldbies (myself included) took advantage of that offer and got some. Dantom realized soon after that it was bogging down their server and they wanted to concentrate their resources elsewhere. While offering BYOND space could have been a viable business model, it just didn't fit at the time. Those of us fortunate enough to get in early were allowed to keep our space, but no more customers were accepted.

So for now, your best bet is to find a web host who is willing to let you install BYOND. Unfortunately this probably rules out any of the free hosts (at least until BYOND becomes wildly popular).
In response to Air Mapster
Air Mapster wrote:
So for now, your best bet is to find a web host who is willing to let you install BYOND. Unfortunately this probably rules out any of the free hosts (at least until BYOND becomes wildly popular).

My webhost emailed Dantom about it a few days ago, but he won't be offering it for free.
Awww geez, It's times like this where I wish I had already released The Bottom Line. I may want to make a post about it soon to let people know, In a nut shell, the old stupid name not created by me (of course) was Anti-Terrorism Task Force. That should give you a clue.