ID:261481

I want to make it so that when a player stands on a certain object, i.e. a door. It takes him to a completely different map. Any ideas on how to do this? I also want to make it so that players cannot hold down a button in one direction and move that fast, I want each movement to be by itself, and perferably not as slow as they glide to the next location. Any ideas here?
client
North()
sleep(2)
..()
West()
sleep(2)
..()

ect... that will make him walk slower as for doors do this.

turf
Door
icon = 'yourdooricon.dmi'
density = 0
Entered()
if(usr.key==null)
return 0
else
usr.Move(locate(xloc,yloc,zloc))
In response to Freeker
Instead of moving the player to (xloc, yloc, and zloc), is there any way to send them to a completely different map?
In response to Guardian Angel
no. THere is no way to have more than one map file and you do not need more than one simply edit the map size and add more z levels this will give you a map with many maps inside of it (the number of z is how many).
In response to Freeker
Thanks.
NP.
In response to Freeker
Is there any way to make the x and y sizes on z location 1 bigger than than x and y sizes on other levels?
huh?
In response to Freeker
When you make a map, you set the sizes, for instance

x = 10
y = 10
z = 2

Now, when I go to the 2nd "floor" of the map (z=2), do x and y still have to be 10, or can the map be like this

z=1
x=10
y=10

z=2
x=15
y=15

etc.?
no, I would suggest making a huge map butt on smaller z levels placing something like this where you want nothing,

turf
Nothing
icon = 'yourblackiconnothing.dmi'
density = 1
opacity = 1
In response to Freeker
There's no way to make it so it's just black, right?
Yes, make a icon that is just black and put it in the Nothing turf's icon = 'yourblackicon.dmi'