ID:261531

I am not a newbie to Byond, nor do I wish to project that image, but at one point or another, we all need to ask for help. I have carefully designed this code, but it is not perfect. I can't find a way to code in the health of an enemy. Here is my code:

mob

Enemy_I

icon = 'Enemies.dmi'
icon_state = "Enemy I"

proc
DeathCheck()
if (HP <= 0)
world << "[src] Was Killed By [usr]!"
del(src)

If anyone can help me set the health of enemies, please reply. I thank you in advance.

Blade Falcon
mob
Enemy_I
var/HP = 25
In response to Garthor
Well, it looks as if it would work, but I just tried it... It doesn't. Maybe if you could give accurate spacing? I'm not sure, but any, here's the problem:

20:error:HP :duplicate definition
9:error:HP :previous definition

See? This is how I spaced it:

mob
Enemy_I
var/HP = 100
icon = 'Enemies.dmi'
icon_state = "Enemy I"

I'm not quite sure how to fix it.

Blade Falcon
In response to Blade Falcon
The duplicate definition error comes from the fact that var/HP is done in /mob and in /mob/Enemy_I. Under mob/Enemy_I, just leave off the "var/" part, since the HP var should be common to all mobs if you defined it under /mob.

I should also add that in your DeathCheck() proc, usr is probably not appropriate. You'd be better off to call DeathCheck(attacker) and then use attacker instead of usr if src dies.

Lummox JR
In response to Blade Falcon
Blade Falcon wrote:
Well, it looks as if it would work, but I just tried it... It doesn't. Maybe if you could give accurate spacing? I'm not sure, but any, here's the problem:

20:error:HP :duplicate definition
9:error:HP :previous definition

it means you got the HP var in 2 locations.

RaeKwon