ID:265082

If you are good at creating icons...i need you!

For creating icons....ill need you in a week or so....j2luk
Demonic Shoe wrote:

Most people actually don't care about icons but more about gameplay,the icons are the last thing you should worry about and you should worry more about coding it.
In response to Nadrew
Most people actually don't care about icons but more about gameplay, the icons are the last thing you should worry about and you should worry more about coding it.

Tell that to the DBZ game players. =P

Graphics matter less than gameplay but in many games they help immensely. Either you have mediocre graphics or better, or you have no graphics at all.

Then again, that DBZ game example doesn't necessarily fit.
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
Most people actually don't care about icons but more about gameplay, the icons are the last thing you should worry about and you should worry more about coding it.

Graphics matter less than gameplay but in many games they help immensely. Either you have mediocre graphics or better, or you have no graphics at all.

I really am bad at icons but I fell I am a fairly well coder so my games are mostly based on gameplay.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Spuzzum wrote:

I really am bad at icons but I fell I am a fairly well coder so my games are mostly based on gameplay.

My icons used to be crap as hell, but as you go along you can just update your icons which will be better...

Most people like me do go for game play as it makes it more enjoyable, the graphics...whether it be good or bad, dont really matter at the early age of a game so dont worry as of yet ok
Demonic Shoe wrote:

I think you might find it helpful to release a version of your game as-is right now, so potential icon artists could get an idea of what they need to do for it. If gameplay is good enough, you may well get some good icon artists to jump aboard.

Lummox JR
In response to Nadrew
Actually, I believe Icons and coding share a simbiotic relation ship, great coding and crap icons, makes the game a good game, but bad to look at, thus on the other hand, great icons and bad coding makes it worthless to play..

So icons are as important as coding to a good gamer.
In response to SonVegitto
SonVegitto wrote:
Actually, I believe Icons and coding share a simbiotic relation ship, great coding and crap icons, makes the game a good game, but bad to look at, thus on the other hand, great icons and bad coding makes it worthless to play..

So icons are as important as coding to a good gamer.

I agree, but only to a point. I think both are important to a good game, coding slightly more so. Where they are symbiotic is the extent to which the coding reflects the desired end state of the artwork. Icons are integral to the game under development only insofar as the foundation needed to use them.

A game can have crappy icons but still be fun to play, but it will always have an amateurish feel to it if the icons remain crappy. A good-looking but vapid game, by contrast, will attract few repeat players. So coding is by far more important than icons, but both are key to a game that's good overall.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
After all, look at some of my favorite games on BYOND:

Bacchanal: graphics are mediocre. Gameplay is great.

My Life as a Spy: Graphics are mediocre. Gameplay is also great!

Ensya: Graphics are amazing. Gameplay is mediocre, but the game isn't nearly finished. It's coming along nicely, great job Foomer!

Tanks: Mediocre grapics, great gameplay.

SpaceTug: good graphics, good gameplay. Lots of people in space tug recently, I've noticed...

Shape Shifter: good grapics, great gameplay. Very addictive!

Lexiconomy/Letters and Words: no graphics, great gameplay! Awesome party games, and lots of fun.

As you can see, medeocre graphics/good gameplay is pretty common on BYOND. Why? Most of us here on BYOND really aren't that great at making graphics. We can still make up for it with great game dynamics and a developed game base. Don't lose hope!
In response to Lord of Water
LOL Lord the reason lots of people have been in space tug is cuz i was in a dbz game i i was hosting and told eveyrone to join me and now some people think it is extremely fun and it is,it is very well coded graphics are ok but still great.... GOOD JOB GUGHUNTER!!!!!!!!
In response to Stealth 2k
It shows that non-dbz games can be a lot of fun! I hope games like SpaceTug, Tanks, and MLAAS continue to grow in popularity.
In response to Lord of Water
They will Lord Space tug will get much bigger trust me...i know it will =)
In response to Stealth 2k
i made a DBZ game....

and how do i get my game in the HUB...and with the game info text.

my little 'Hero' is an orange guy with a |_| on his shirt

and my 'enemy' is a green shirted yeller bandana dude

i need help adding:

mobs attacking you
mobile mobs
making walls "walls" not floor
a 'status' tab
techniques

thx in advance
hope u help

btw my title is "Dragon Ball-Chaos X"
In response to Demonic Shoe
src.sarcasm("YES! ANOTHER DBZ GAME FOR THE HUB! I CANT WAIT TO PLAY IT!")