ID:265100

Well I was sitting in my US History class watching the movie Geronimo when I realized...

There's really not that many Indian based games, like where you're an indian and in a tribe and well doing anything at all...

So I was thinking maybe someone should try recreating when the United States were created or whatever... How you're exploring the wilderness except you're an Indian, free and with nature... Trying to escape the Long Knives and the Red Coats who are trying to take their land...

Add some magic into it if you want... but more nature magic I think would work best...

for instance:
*You talk to the trees and sometimes they'll shake and drop an apple or something
*Birds will drop food for you or scout an area or something...

just some quick ideas I just thought up...

I think the magic shouldn't be too great... just sort of the little things that people don't realise...
What people call luck could be considered magic. Like I said an apple falling off of a tree, or a bird accidently dropping its just killed prey...

Well this is a broad category but still I'd love to see an Indian game of any kind out there...

I'd love to help at all if I could... Just an idea :)
I've already had an idea like this before. But its sitting back there for a rainy day as I got Kemet, Senet(Ancient Egyptian Boardgame), Cybot(My AI project), Byond Racer(A simple race car game), Galatic Force (My space exploration game), and finally another space trading game that I'm going to be working on soon, thats gonna start off small gameplay wise, but cover 4 500x500 tile quadrant maps. I'll be posting about it soon, but other wise I may get around to doing a Native American game someday as I am part Cherokee Indian myself as well as know a thing or two about Shamanism/The Medicine man - Indians name for magic.

LJR
In response to LordJR
Uh oh...

I'd recommend taking a breather, then concentrating on one thing for a bit, so you don't fall into the same "billions of games" trap that I did. =)
In response to Spuzzum
lol I agree man that's a crazy number of games you're making... I have trouble having enough time for even one.

OF course... the problem with that is all my code is confusing because I have atleast 30 code files and each one has about 5 pages of code atleast if you put it into word... So it gets really confusing half the time and I end up spending alot of time going between files :)
In response to Spuzzum
Oh I am.. working on Star Traders is great!!! But its too bad I don't have all the stuff I'm working on in the game yet. But I should have a playable game very soon. Just alot of math and accounting involved in this game. Also you will be able to bargin.

LJR
In response to Jon Snow
Jon Snow wrote:
lol I agree man that's a crazy number of games you're making... I have trouble having enough time for even one.

OF course... the problem with that is all my code is confusing because I have atleast 30 code files and each one has about 5 pages of code atleast if you put it into word... So it gets really confusing half the time and I end up spending alot of time going between files :)

I have the same thing with Kemet too. But I need to take a break from that game and get something I can complete and have finished. Thats where all these other games are coming from. The Board game should be done soon too now that I've given myself a break I've starting working out a way to make moves work. I never start working on any of my games, if I'm not coding I'm designing, when I go to bed at night, while laying there awaiting to drift off, but mind if just going and goin on my coding problems, and different ways to work them out. Then sometimes I jump out of bed in a daze, head to the computer, type the idea out into code and most the time it works great!

LJR

LJR
In response to LordJR
When you can't get to sleep at night, there is always running out and jumping half-naked into the snow. Works for me every time! When it's summertime or there is no snow, a hot shower followed directly by a freezing cold one will suffice.

-Lord of Water the brave >-:]
In response to LordJR
I prefer working things out on a piece of paper on a rainy day while I'm laying in a sleeping bag outside in a tent listening to the rain beat on the tree's and the tent... Great for relaxing the mind and gives you that nature feeling...
What!? No Lucid Dreaming??? Your not the only one with experience in Metaphysics at BYOND! ;)

LJR