ID:265103

Why NOT?!!
Why doesn't someone just recreate Shakespeare in BYOND?!!!!

Or any of their favorite plays, it would be kinda cheesy but it would be fun for all no one can get mad at someone else for killing/beating them, people can just watch basically a play/movie and talk while they're doing it. Sorta like taking a CHAT room ONE STEP FORWARD!!! :)

or even change the plays if you want...

OR

A BYOND TV SHOW!!!!

muahahahaha
Hmm so basically have a cartoon like thing where you log in, can chat, and what little icons walking around acting out a show or drama or storyline? hmmmm....

LJR
In response to LordJR
yup!!!!

Wouldn't it be great, you could even torture your most hated TV actors or something by having them being hit by a bus or something!!!

In response to Jon Snow
Hmm I'd rather see something like this in Flash. Byond is great, but depending on it for everything is lacking. Flash Aniamtions are cool if you wanna make an online cartoon or story look into it. I started working on my own Fantasy Cartoon in FLASH having a Wacom Tablet and all, but it takes alot of work never did finish the story but got about 3 screens areas of the story done with some basic sound FXs.

LJR
In response to LordJR
ya I've been learning Flash myself so when I get my Website up for A Game of Kings I can have a flash movie and such...

but Anyways it's just an idea I figure we could try everything in BYOND, and this way it would give it that old SNES feel of a special moment. Like the ff series for SNES sorta cinemas etc.
In response to Jon Snow
Jon Snow wrote:
ya I've been learning Flash

Speaking of which, I made a flash movie once. I submitted it to Newgrounds. Search for "Janglur" as the author and you should be able to find it :)
In response to Vortezz
LOL! That was funny!
I actually think this would be really cool...

I even have a bunch of ideas on how it could be done (I'd do it myself...but I can hardly find the time to finish DBTC, let alone start another major project...lol)

Anyways... You could make a couple of maps... One as a stage, and another as a "dressing room"...

Then, you could make all kinds of objects that are props, scenery, etc... Don't place them on the map...but allow a "director" (most likely the host of the "game") to create them and place them on the stage...

Other "players" could have mobs which they customize via clothing selections (possibly as handled in DBTC)...and other things like hair change and facial features (glasses, eyepatches, etc)....

People who aren't actors (as controlled by the "director") are placed into the "audience" upon login... Possibly there could be "ticket" charges paid in BYONDimes...

The script could be anything... An old classic... Or even something written by the "actors" themselves...

Actor mobs would have multiple icon_states and generic animations to accomodate things like running, climbing, falling down, etc... Whatever might be needed for a "play"... Perhaps even different facial features for "emotion" (probably rather difficult to show in such a small area...but quite possible)...

The stage would be set up by the director...the actors would take their places...and the show would begin... The actors then Say() their lines (preferably shown as text bubbles on the map)...and Act() out the play (the Act() verb could give them a choice of the various actions their mob can perform...falling down for a death scene, climbing a ladder to rescue a fair maiden, etc...)...

There could be music, sound effects, lighting effects, and all kinds of other things... All controlled by the director...or perhaps some other behind the scenes players...

And it would be much like real acting... These actors could potentially mess up their lines... Or mess up their actions (tripping on stage, etc...lol)...

Through one simple engine...could come all kinds of shows and acting troupes... The possibilities are boundless... Especially if there is some way to allow the importing of custom graphics (costumes, props, scenery, etc)...

I think that would be really sweet...

And the "ticket" selling idea would be a really cool way to get some BYONDimes flowing around...

In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
OR what about...
you have a map and 3/5's of it is the stage, while the rest is seats/audience and you have stores you can buy stuff from. The play will go on while the audience can sit in their little sits and throw popcorn and pop cans at eachother.

Maybe make people able to fart and stuff. Would be great!
In response to Jon Snow
Yeah... You'd need to give the audience something to do... So there should be verbs given to them to clap, boo, throw stuff on stage, etc...
This has been thought of before, infact, exactly the way SuperGoku(whatever his name is) said.

-S
In response to Sariat
Stand back peoples! Watabou TV is coming to byond!
Jon Snow wrote:
Why NOT?!!
Why doesn't someone just recreate Shakespeare in BYOND?!!!!

Or any of their favorite plays, it would be kinda cheesy but it would be fun for all no one can get mad at someone else for killing/beating them, people can just watch basically a play/movie and talk while they're doing it. Sorta like taking a CHAT room ONE STEP FORWARD!!! :)

or even change the plays if you want...

OR

A BYOND TV SHOW!!!!

muahahahaha

I had a idea somewhat like this, but I won't say it, except that there was no chatting by the actors, only by watcher like they could say a "Haha!" or "Awww" or "This really sucks, I'm going to the other ones.".
In response to Watabou
Watabou, you cant copyright BYOND TV, thats like you copyrighting TV, foomer can make one if he wants, and you forceing people to donate times, is plane old stouped. anyways foomers is better, i dont want him to end his over some "6-7 year old cry baby" grow up, realy!
- Rae
In response to RaeKwon
Um.

Oooo-kay...
In response to Vortezz
Vortezz wrote:
Um.

Oooo-kay...

I agree -- where did Watabou establish that he had a monopoly? =P
In response to Spuzzum
-_- i dont know in his game?
- Rae
In response to RaeKwon
I never played it -- that's probably why I didn't know. Of course, since I haven't played it, I now am not siding with anyone. =P
In response to Spuzzum
heh
Rae
In response to RaeKwon
Personally, I think they're both as awful as watching the Spanish channel (me being English) most of the time anyway :o)
Page: 1 2