ID:265120

First Idea "Trees to Often"
Ever just make one tree and thought dang I need to make another one! Well why not have just a main stump and then many branches, and then have your handy dandy Tree randomizer and it will randomly position the branches on the tree with its x,y pixel values. So its not very often do you get the same tree and if You make a random map genarator you can make them trees in a second.

Tell me what you think?

Second Idea "2nd Level Randomizer"
With the new 2nd level code roaming around byond. Not have any clue what it is? Well its when you have a building thats 2 or maybe even 3 stories big yet you can enter those stories and look at the windows so people can see you on that storie from out side. Its mostly used for RPGs and is a not bad additon to a game. What about making all those buildings what if you could make a randomizing builder that makes the buildings so you can enter then and go up the stairs. Even not just random height of stories but if you could enter the stories number and it would make that many stories think of the time it would save from just mapping them all. Even adding in an objes list that would randomly place those objs in the house.

Tell me what you think?

Thats it for now just some ideas I might enter into the Map Maker Deluxe Me be planning.
Green Lime wrote:
Ever just make one tree and thought dang I need to make another one! Well why not have just a main stump and then many branches, and then have your handy dandy Tree randomizer and it will randomly position the branches on the tree with its x,y pixel values. So its not very often do you get the same tree and if You make a random map genarator you can make them trees in a second.

Tell me what you think?

It's a pretty clever idea, but you should remember that overlays cause lag too. If you're in the middle of a forest with 40 trees visible, and each of those trees has 12 branch overlays, that's 480 things the server has to send to the player every tick.
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
Green Lime wrote:

Tell me what you think?

It's a pretty clever idea, but you should remember that overlays cause lag too. If you're in the middle of a forest with 40 trees visible, and each of those trees has 12 branch overlays, that's 480 things the server has to send to the player every tick.

good point