In response to Mertek
More than average, lets say. Abundant common sense.
Programming
In response to Sariat
Ohh yeah..Well I just happen to be a humpin faiyan
geeze! Nobody has mentioned teleportation, or shapechange yet? Can you imagine the hijinks a guy could get into with those powers?
In response to ThreeFingerPete
Invisibility could be really, really cool. You could sneak anywhere. I know what I'd do right away if I had the ability to become visible, but I don't want to post it on a public forum.

-Lord of Water
In response to Lord of Water
Lord of Water wrote:
I know what I'd do right away if I had the ability to become visible, but I don't want to post it on a public forum.

Isn't that illegal? ;)

But hey, she can't see ya, so there's no repercussions! Score! :)

~~V~~
In response to Foomer
Lol, abundant common sense. Reminded me of this... (btw, for those of you who don't play DnD, wisdom is basically observation, uhh, wisdom, stuff like that, memory...)

http://www.gamespy.com/comics/dorktower/ archive.asp?nextform=viewcomic&id=625
In response to Garthor
Garthor wrote:
Lol, abundant common sense. Reminded me of this... (btw, for those of you who don't play DnD, wisdom is basically observation, uhh, wisdom, stuff like that, memory...)

I always used intelligence for observation and memory in D&D and thought of wisdom as the ability to make good decisions based on the information you have. I supose observation could be a quality of wisdom, but certainly not memory. Think of the wise old lady who can't remember what she had for lunch or tell you the Pythagorean Theorem, but always has a profound and helpful answer for any problem you come to her with.

http://www.gamespy.com/comics/dorktower/ archive.asp?nextform=viewcomic&id=625

Great comic! A classic example why mental stats are sily in role playing. Anyone can play less wise than they are, but no one can roleplay a greater wisdom than they have (though some con men can bluff it really well!)
Id want to be able to control matter by thought. Couldnt be a Star Wars fan and not want some kind of mental force to control other objects. And Id want it in great power *hurls a few compact discs at Jon*.

-Raven
In response to Lord of Water
Locker Rooms, Dressing Rooms, the works.

Women only, mind you (Unless I wanted black mail on some male athelete)

-ST
In response to Vortezz
Invisiblity sounds nice, I myself would rather spook people than that... But if LoW's eyes were hands, hed get arrested.

Hehe

-Raven-
In response to Shadowdarke
Yeah, but the wisdom / common sense was for me! Not for some silly character!

Wisdom is a silly stat to begin with. In most cheapy combat RPGs, wisdom usually only effects the power of "priestly magic" anyway.
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
Wisdom is a silly stat to begin with. In most cheapy combat RPGs, wisdom usually only effects the power of "priestly magic" anyway.

Get a better DM.
In response to Garthor
I've never played D&D games. This is just stuff I've read about.
one word NECROMANCY, the ability to animate dead corpses and give them orders, summon vampires, spirits...

"Hey mommy? why is the graveyard all dug up?"

Can you imagine what you could acheive with the powers of Necromancy? I, the sole necromancer in the world, could raise an army of the undead and take over anything I want, If your undead souldiers manage to destroy an enemy, You now own their fresh corpse.

"Necromancy is not evil, just not quite good." --Borghan, necromancer of the thirteen hells

"Hey, he wanted to keep on living, it just took us a while to revive him." --Borghan
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
one word NECROMANCY, the ability to animate dead corpses and give them orders, summon vampires, spirits...

And that's what some people just can't understand about America. The Founding Fathers knew the horror that zombies can inflict upon a society! That's why we have the Second Amendment, which clearly states: A vigilant and vigorous Watchfulness against Zombies, Revenants and sundry Abominations, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
In response to Raven01
It's actually pretty hard to arrest invisible people...
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
It's actually pretty hard to arrest invisible people...

Never thought about that... Uhh what if it was a power to attract invisible cops? Wait then youd have kids all over Compton getting slammed and punched... and then... Invisiblity is evil.

-Raven-
In response to Raven01
That's why it's fun, invisibility lets you get away with just about anything.

Even if somehow they did manage to arrest you, all you have to do is turn invisible and the next time someone opens your cell (seeing as you've escaped) you casually slip out.

The only downside to invisibility is that it requires you to run around naked everywhere, since it only makes your body invisible, not the stuff you're wearing or holding. That could be a good thing or a bad thing, I suppose. It also means that you can't use objects without being seen.

And if you want to get technical about it, most people have enough dirt and gunk on them that they'd stand out anyway.

HOWEVER, something that would be fun is an ability related to the classic admin power called "Ghostform", according to S_admin. Ghostform lets you turn yourself into a non-physical being and casually float around watching and doing whatever you want. If the police want to hunt you down, you can just casually fade out of existence.

Of course, you can rematerialize whenever you want... You can get away with things a lot more easily this way :o)
I'd like the ability to become a mist like form.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6