ID:265146

Hey Wassup, I Just Forged A New Key Named SciFi, and I will be working on games based on shows on the Sci Fi TV Network.

I Am Currently Working On A Game For First Wave.

In The Future I Am Planning Games For: Earth Final Conflict, Quantum Leap, And The Deadzone(If I Get Time To Watch It).

Reply If You Have Any Suggestions, Or Would Like To Help.

Shun Di, Out
So you're just doing a massive copyright infringment? Don't get me wrong I really don't care anymore, but one game that is ripped off from a show is fine (still wrong but not too bad), but 4, that's pushing it a bit, do what you want, I won't stop you.
In response to Nadrew
LoL,Its All Good, There Just Fan Games, And I'll Put The Little Disclamer In When You Login ;)

Shun Di,Out
In response to Shun Di
Easy there, Nadrew. As long as it is openly stated that it is a "fan game", and is not created for gaining any profit - it is fairly legal...
In response to digitalmouse
He never stated that it was a fangame in his first post.
BYOND should be renamed to:

BYOFG: Build Your Own Fan Game.

That is, after all, the other thing most people do with it. There seems to be a shortage of originality around here. I mean, the least you could do is rip the idea without making it blatantly obvious. Change a few things here, a few names there, poof! a whole new original idea that's really not original at all, but no one can tell.
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:

Heh. Most people would think those initials stood for something else. And in response to half the posts in Classifieds, they just might. :)

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Hey, that's not a bad line to use when people demand code... "Build your own [blah!] game!"
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:

As the forum moderators have posted many times before. Do not in any way bother somone if they are making a fan game. Even if it's DragonBall Z.

RaeKwon
In response to Shun Di
Shun Di wrote:
LoL,Its All Good, There Just Fan Games, And I'll Put The Little Disclamer In When You Login ;)

Shun Di,Out

Don't capitalize every letter of your sentance lol.. It's rather a pain in the rear end.

RaeKwon
In response to RaeKwon
Oh yeah? It's not written in the community standards anywhere, so I shall continue to make smart remarks about fan games and DBZ until my heart's content. So long as I'm not officially starting flamewars, there's nothing wrong with it. Just stating opinions I am, yes.
In response to Foomer
u mofo i like dbzs so bug off

i declarez flamez warz 0n u!!!!!!!111
In response to Lord of Water
pshhh u dun no wut a flamwar is u weekling u thik itz ttrowing firebalz in dbz u need 2 go back 2 sk00l!!!!!!!!
In response to Foomer
And when you make an original game, people will claim it's a fan game or try to treat it as one.

Consider the ever-famous:
"WTF does this have to do with DBZ?"

Or the problems I run into with HRH. It doesn't bother me so much when people compare it to Redwall... I mean, in all honesty, if I hadn't read like twelve Redwall books in one weekend, I would never have sat down to make a game about mice and rabbits and stuff. I even give Brian Jacques due credit for the inspiration. What bothers me is the people who keep pointing out what I "took" from Furcadia, a game I never heard of before people started comparing my work to it.
In response to Lesbian Assassin
Consider the ever-famous:
"WTF does this have to do with DBZ?"

The actual quote, apparently not that famous, is:
"how the hell is this like dbz?"

-AbyssDragon
In response to Lesbian Assassin
People generally aren't original. They don't like to think other people are original either, since it apparently makes them feel better about their own unoriginality. So whenever someone pops up with something that appears original, they try to downgrade it to something that must be unoriginal.

That's my theory anyway. Either that or they're just too, uh, slow-minded to understand the concept of originality. That's what watching too much, uh, poor-quality anime-based television shows does for you.
In response to AbyssDragon
But as he said What the f**k does this have to do with DBZ? I think WTF should be eliminated from the forums as it's the same as saying What the f***k.

RaeKwon
In response to RaeKwon
I think the word should be eliminated from existence period. Too bad no one cares to comply.
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
I think the word should be eliminated from existence period. Too bad no one cares to comply.

Oh god, heres the next Bin Ladin -_-

RaeKwon