ID:265228

I'm thinking of releasing an old source to Hacking II....

The think is you just know that there will be 500 copies under the unpublished bit.

I was thinking I could charge dimes for it... but that means that I'll get filthy rich, it'll happen anyway and n00bs won't get to look at the code :(

No there won't be a paypal alternative. Evil thing.
Da_Rushyo wrote:
I'm thinking of releasing an old source to Hacking II....

The think is you just know that there will be 500 copies under the unpublished bit.

I was thinking I could charge dimes for it... but that means that I'll get filthy rich, it'll happen anyway and n00bs won't get to look at the code :(

No there won't be a paypal alternative. Evil thing.

1) don't do it, I'd suggest take snippets out of it and make demos or something.

3) You wouldn't get filthy rich, byond dimes go bye bye =)

4) I just jumped from 1 to 3.....

cool..

-Camaro-
In response to Camaro
nar... hacking II works as one big bundle, snippets wouldn't be much use.
In response to Da_Rushyo
Da_Rushyo wrote:
nar... hacking II works as one big bundle, snippets wouldn't be much use.

Now that you mention it, you're right. I just played hacking II last week. I still wouldn't give out the source. You have the only good hacking games on byond(oh god, don't start with me being noobish again, lol) in my opinion(There we go =P).

-Camaro-
In response to Camaro
lol. nothing I've seen comes close.... they all have icons and people moving *gasp*.

I like Trace the most, but it was fundamentally flawed :P

I'm starting work on Trace II... TODAY! If you've seen my ads for it you'll know what to expect.
In response to Da_Rushyo
Da_Rushyo wrote:
lol. nothing I've seen comes close.... they all have icons and people moving *gasp*.

Which is a horrible thing for a hacking game. In your hacking game it's just strait up buisness. I like it. lol.

-Camaro-
In response to Camaro
I'd might a 100% realistic hacking game BUT:

1) It'd be too hard

2) Hacking itself is quite boring :P

3) I'd have to use real techniques and I certainly wouldn't want the peeps on here getting a whiff of that....
In response to Camaro
It would have to be a DBZ game that everyone wanted source for in order for him to get filthy rich off of it... But it isn't. I think instead of releasing it to the hub, he should try giving someone the source code for them to work on... And that way, if something does happen, there probably wont be as many rips compared to what totally releasing it would cause.
In response to Kunark
the only reason I have this version is my good pal dbhavenmaster had it... it should have been lost forever.
In response to Camaro
Camaro wrote:
Da_Rushyo wrote:

Which is a horrible thing for a hacking game.

I've thougt about making a hacking game, not to the point of seriously creating it, but I've just thought about how I'd make it if I chose to make one. I think I would use graphics, or else the game would be way too boring. There would be computers with network wires running all over, so it could determine what you can access from a given computer.
In response to OneFishDown
Debatable... but then again your the best person to do it mr.3d/iso person....
In response to OneFishDown
Obviously you havn't seen my 'console' project lately. (It has graphicsand I'm very proud at how I pulled it off =])
In response to Da_Rushyo
See? Trusting some people with your source isn't a bad thing at all :)

.::DBHavenMaster::.
In response to DBHavenMaster
Much safer to trust a CD-R.
In response to Spuzzum
Yeah, probably. CD-R's can't be tricked, bribed, or kicked in obscene places. Then again, CD-R's can be stolen, and will tell anyone, anything. DataKeys or Zip is the way to go, because hardly anyone has those drives.

.::DBHavenMaster::.
In response to DBHavenMaster
Or just locking up your CD-Rs in a safe that is air-tight and government protected =)
In response to Airjoe
Homer: "Hold it! What's your clearance?"
Bart: "We just want to get a snack."
Homer: "Access denied!"
Bart: "But Da--"
[sleeper hold]