ID:265605

Most of my friends who play games say that a good fight system is nothing compared to the evironment interaction.
They say that a battle and train system is good but you should have a numerous of map of good size if your players
are able to find all the parts of your maps in a couple of days then your game will get boreing quick, (like DBZ games where the show hads many planets and peaple mostly only use Earth, Namek, and Yardrat) people expect more.
A good OMM is one where the player can play weeks by him/her self.
So here my question.
whats better?

Gameplay -- Many different ways to kill you opponent.
Map size and interaction -- Spend weeks getting to new places.
A good game is not a DBZ game.
You should not try and focus on one or the other. You should spend enough time on a game to make sure all aspects are good.
In response to Acebloke
*cough* I second that motion. (Except for the snes dragonball z games)
In response to Acebloke
Stop being racist.

And by racist I mean hating DBZ.

Which has nothing to do with being racists.
DBZ or not, I don't really care anything for combat. Finding stuff and exploring, which means world interaction, is much more interesting than killing stuff repeatedly.

What's REALLY fun though, is when there's a big obscure, difficult to travel world with just a hint of danger. So you can wander around in the big ol' forest searching for rare mushrooms, knowing all the time that there's just a slight chance that a very rare and dangerous monster might show up and eat you. So you always have to be a little bit on your guard, because you don't want to be eaten, but it never turns into a combat/leveling/sitting-there-killing-monsters-for-points oriented game.

Of course, if the world sucks to explore, there's just no point.

(And incidentally, its "Survey".)
In response to Acebloke
I mean no disrespect to any of the DBZ game creators but I know that the constant repetition of lame DBZ ideas,
and the constant lame remakes of those lame ideas is getting tedious, but my dbz game won't be like any other.

You see, I like the thought of programming so, I've decide to let byond be my first gaming engine. So...for me to be able to learn how to program, I must do a game on a topic that interest me or I will lose interest in programing. (That just how I am). I been playing with the coding for about a month and I got all basic down, but I need to get a lot better and fast. My friends,(some may know them as Kaivo and Tarquine) are the Simon cowls of the game world. Tarquine has awesome programing skills and kaivo will criticize my game until its perfect. (As where Tarquine will just take my ideas and improve them to where a so so idea becomes a great idea) and then there's Me, I'm the artist of the group so I push for realism. (And these 300x300 maps, with 30x30 blocks of trees everywhere to take up space, will not cut it.) I'm also the fairest. My friends can become very power happy but i need them for the game, so the only way to make the game fare as possible I must remove admin controls completely from the game. I know this many clause problems among the players but trust me, the law of the environment will keep them in check.

(I follow one golden rule, what the game lets you do is fare play. I ,for one, don't care if some one is killing you over and over, you must have done or said something stupid, or he/she just deserves the alignment EVIL. In my game they'll wont be able to find you to well anyways, Due to the maps and the number of maps to size and once they get so evil the code for the planet's guardian will come into play, a bounty massage will be sent to every Good Alignment player on the planet with a close enough powerlevel for the job. So don't worry somebody will soon be coming for his/her head.)

I need them to help me, but they are also tried of the dbz game idea and don't have the time, like I do the make a better one. (thou they like dbz very much.) so the only way i can convinces them to do anything is to make the maps and the environment so impressive they jump back in the dbz game sprit. I can map 10x faster then i con code but tend to get carried away in make work plus they expect so much it will take 7 months to a year for me to draw then map it all up. That's why I did this survey*? ("Thanks Foomer") because if most people can't take 40, 1000 x 1000 maps i need to now. (there is no point in convincing them to make something MOST won't play.)

Ideas...

The idea change goes as is.

1st Duff - Crasy idea man - A DBZ fan who come so crasy
tarquine won't even take a look (Just laughs and calls him stupid) but i like his crasy ideas. there dumb enough to work. His ideas go to me, if I dont a prove they must be to dumb to comprehend.

EX. He would say some thing like, " Make to were you can grow weed so my character can be Blazed."

2nd Gojin - Mapper / Main idea man / Coder - I make most of the ideas for the game for the game or take duff's dumb idea and make it good enough so Tarqine will at least take a look.

EX. Make it to where you can farm the land and grow food for travel from seeds. You know senzu beans, rice,....weed. (hee hee)

3rd Tarquine - Coder - make my ideas better with detail.

EX. Make it to Where there are season in the game and so you can't grow at the wrong time of year. and there should be a limited amount of food in the world to last 30 year from game day so people who took the time to grow and sale their excess food for money or trade then food is all use up.

4th Kaivo - a.hole - If it get pass him its perfect.

some of My IDEAS THAT HAS NOT BEEN IN THE CHAIN

Stamina AND Fatigue (there is a differents)

Stamina is for all the normal stuff fighting,training ect. but Fatigue is for how long you can play without logging out. For fairness to people who have a life and work.
You character must sleep at least 8hrs of a 24hrs day. (Realtime) so if your on your fatigue go up and hits 100% if your on a full 16hrs. When you log off it goes down, hits 0% if your off for a full 8hrs. 0% fatigue your Frozz! (Sorry if you one of those with no life, My friends must work.)

P.S due to realism Nameks won't have fatigue. They don't sleep. No hunger ether. They don't Eat.
So if your a different race be sure to bring food to Namek or you'll Starve. Where is no food on Namek.