ID:266230

i think my game is jacked up forever....im getting errors about not being able to find a dmi file, but it worked before, but when i tried to change the name of the icon, and make i new icon, it still says it cant find it! why is it doin that?
Robo Cop wrote:
i think my game is jacked up forever....im getting errors about not being able to find a dmi file, but it worked before, but when i tried to change the name of the icon, and make i new icon, it still says it cant find it! why is it doin that?

It depends. You haven't actually accurately described the error message you've received.
In response to Spuzzum
the error thing i get is "blah.dmi file cannot be found" but its there, and it worked before, it just wont now, and if i make another icon and switch it, it duz the same thing!
In response to Robo Cop
Robo Cop wrote:
the error thing i get is "blah.dmi file cannot be found" but its there, and it worked before, it just wont now, and if i make another icon and switch it, it duz the same thing!

It's where? What is it? When did it work? What did you make? What does "switch it" mean?

More specifics...! =|
In response to Spuzzum
okay, let me see if i can get this right.....
i staretd my game on saturday.....it was practicaly done.....i was just adding in a couple of more things.....then, when i tried to compile it...it says that a dmi file cannot be foud, but before, it was working just fine, and i didnt touch it or change it in any way prior to the error. so, to correct it...i made another dmi file with the same picture, just a different name, that obviously didnt work.... its a weapon icon...and i just want to know why it happend, and how i can prevent this in the future so i dont have to keep restarting
In response to Robo Cop
Robo Cop wrote:
okay, let me see if i can get this right.....
i staretd my game on saturday.....it was practicaly done.....i was just adding in a couple of more things.....then, when i tried to compile it...it says that a dmi file cannot be foud, but before, it was working just fine, and i didnt touch it or change it in any way prior to the error. so, to correct it...i made another dmi file with the same picture, just a different name, that obviously didnt work.... its a weapon icon...and i just want to know why it happend, and how i can prevent this in the future so i dont have to keep restarting

You still haven't answered my questions.

Another thing to take into consideration is that the icon is likely fine if you can load it in the icon editor. Check the code that tries to use that file, and look above it for any errors.