ID:266272

On my dbz game i can't get my Punching bag to work.
What is the code i have to put in?
If this is really obvious im sorry but i am an extreme newby
and an idiot to boot!
I would tell you but you are making a dbz game so sorry cant help ha ha lol
In response to Richter
Actually im not making one anymore, i read some of the stuff everyone said earlier and figured not to make a dbz game. So now im making a different game(still japanese and involves ki)that is not a dbz game.
But, unfortinatly(probably spelled that wrong) i am still as stupid as before and i need to know how to make a mob say something when you click on them?
In response to Big_anaconda2
Big_anaconda2 wrote:
Actually im not making one anymore, i read some of the stuff everyone said earlier and figured not to make a dbz game. So now im making a different game(still japanese and involves ki)that is not a dbz game.

That's cool. :)

But, unfortinatly(probably spelled that wrong) i am still as stupid as before and i need to know how to make a mob say something when you click on them?

Sure. What you need to do is alter the mob's Click() proc. You might have something like this:

mob
teacher
Click()
usr << "The teacher says, 'How dare you click me!'"

Z
In response to Zilal
Thanks Zilal!

Big_Anaconda2
i have another problem, how do you get it to save multiple
games every time you exit.And on my game i need something to use to train with and i can only come up with a punching bag, how do i get it workin?

Big_anaconda2
In response to Zilal
Zilal wrote:

Sure. What you need to do is alter the mob's Click() proc. You might have something like this:

mob
teacher
Click()

I entered that and switched teacher to the icon name and it keeps on saying Inconsistent indentation.
Help!
Big_anaconda2 wrote:
Zilal wrote:

mob
teacher
Click()

I entered that and switched teacher to the icon name and it keeps on saying Inconsistent indentation.
Help!

Dont copy and paste from the forums(the forums use spaces, DM uses indents)
ok, i got the click proc workin.
now i need help with the other stuff(im an idiot).

Big_anaconda2
Big_anaconda2 wrote:
i have another problem, how do you get it to save multiple
games every time you exit.And on my game i need something to use to train with and i can only come up with a punching bag, how do i get it workin?

Big_anaconda2
How about a medicinal cabinet full of anabolic steriods that you click on, thus injecting your character with said muscle enhancements. Each time you click, add one point to strength. dont forget to take one off intelligence though!

Just kidding Big_anaconda2! I have a question for you though, could you explain why people want to sit in one spot and train by themselves? I do understand about vlt players, but that involves the lure of real life money.
Well, I'll assume you're making a combat game...i shudder to think what exactly...but here are a few questions for you:

Do you know anything about combat? Have you ever taken any martial arts courses or the like? Have you ever been in a fight? Do you even know how to fight?

You may be wondering what this has to do with your game, and I'll say this:

Everything!

If you don't know anything about your subject, how can you create a convincing simulation of it? I suggest you study what you are trying to create, and use the things that you think will work best for your needs. And I don't mean vegging out in front of the television either.

Read books on combat and fighting techniques. Hit your local library and really do some research before you make your game. Your effort will show through in your game, and I assure you it will be better for it...
In response to Xooxer
Xooxer wrote:

Do you know anything about combat? Have you ever taken any martial arts courses or the like? Have you ever been in a fight? Do you even know how to fight?

Yes i have been in many fights and i am a green belt in sanchin riu. And i agree with you about having to know alot about your game subject. My game is about fighting and it is also about.....well.....fighting,J/K. Its about strategy fighting and thats a lot different.

Big_anaconda2
Yes i have been in many fights and i am a green belt in sanchin riu. And i agree with you about having to know alot about your game subject. My game is about fighting and it is also about.....well.....fighting,J/K. Its about strategy fighting and thats a lot different.

Okay. Then think about the first thing your sensai taught you -- or master, or whatever that art's trainer is -- on the very first day.

That's how anyone who would train in a game would start out as. Punches and kicks in karate, for example, don't even come around until a good long while into training. While that might not be fun in a game (i.e. shortening the delay would be a good idea) no one just sits and hammers on a punching bag for hours at a time.

You need to hammer on a punching bag, hit pads, do various bodily workouts, and run around, in addition to sparring with your classmates. And that's just a few minutes every day -- the rest is application of knowledge.