ID:26629

Keywords: members, website
This update brings many new features aimed at improving the presentation of guild sites, but they'll be very useful for bloggers, too. This includes:
  • Flexible layout. Choose what content boxes are shown, in what order, and in what sections. Several new content boxes are also available, including the new "Blog Calendar" box.

Click on Edit Site, then Edit Layout. See http://members.byond.com/?post=26156 for more information.
  • New feature: polls. Add polls to your blog posts and let your audience vote. Find out what they really think.

See also http://members.byond.com/?post=26528.
  • New feature: blog keywords. Tag your blog posts with keywords to assign them to categories. Keywords are searchable, both within your own blog, and within the entire BYOND Members site.

Edit your existing blog posts now to add keywords...
  • Enhanced favorite games list. You can now list up to 100 favorite games, but still only the top 10 contribute to BYOND Ranks.

There's also a new full-page view for your favorite games (click on the "More..." link in your list) which allows sorting by various critera. For guilds, their favorite games can be sorted by Guild Staff order (the order in the website editor page) or Guild Members order. For Guild Members order, the rankings of that guild's members determine the ordering of the guild's games.

• Comments, questions, and bug reports are welcome!
Very Nice!
I tried to edit my layout three times and kept getting logged out. Is something not meshing with the main site or have there just been some weird server issues?

Edit: Make that 4. It seems to happen whenever I try to remove the Guild Info box. (I'm trying to move it into another column.)
Wicked! Is it possible that any of the functionality for the expanded "More..." listing of favorite games might ever get included in the sidebar listing? It would be awesome if I could click on "My Site" and BAM! I could see which games in my favorites were online.
Yay! New toys!
Suggestion, when a poll is attached to a member's post, on the main page, could it have... (this could also go for images?)

It might be something that's not worth to put in, but it's my 2 cents.

"Members Update: flexible layout, polls, keywords"
Posted by Mike H for BYOND
This update brings many new features aimed at improving the presentation of guild sites, but they'll be very useful for …
4 Comments - Poll attached
So is this why BYOND was down the past few hours?
Basik wrote:
So is this why BYOND was down the past few hours?

Nope. Our hosting provider never did an upgrade that was promised 2 weeks ago, and it finally caught up to us and caused problems all night (right after I went to bed, stupid Murphy's Law!).
Bug Alert! If you look at my members' page, you'll see a block with "My Fans" on it. Nothing wrong, right? Except for one minor detail: I renamed it to something else.
Looks like the "Fans" block and possibly other blocks don't change their titles when they're supposed to.

EDIT: Bug Alert #2!
Found an old bug which appearantly has been laying around for awhile. I discarded the "My Interests" block and to make it look nice I decided to empty the "Interests" bit on the "Edit Site" page. I'm getting an error that it's "unable to save to the database" when I empty the "Interests" textbox and try to save.

Also, I think the "Favorite blogs box title" should be removed.
Yea, I found a bug too. If you go to add a blog post, then click on the "Return to Site" link, you'll get this error:

The requested page was not found: /PopisfizzyPopisfizzy
It logs me out when i try to edit a poll or a post i made wtf and then when i click login it auto logs me in and im okay but still kinda weird O>O
Yeah. I've having a bit of luck right now, but the logout problem has been driving me nuts.
Ah, keywords! Splendid! This will be excellent for the sites that provide useful information.
Wasn't there a link to get from a specific blog post to the general blog? Is it hidden, removed, or am I just missing it?
Looks like it's gone. We need that back pronto.

Comments for Mike H's "Members Update: flexible layout, polls, keywords"
BYOND's Site

It's still there.
We're not talking about the comment section. Click the title link and then you'll see the specific blog post. The link used to be there too.
This post won't die off of the main page. What have you done?!

/me stabs
ACWraith wrote:
Wasn't there a link to get from a specific blog post to the general blog? Is it hidden, removed, or am I just missing it?

Yeah, I missed that case. It should be back as of earlier today.
Yup, I see it now. Thanks. =)
Page: 1 2