ID:266328

When I was putting in a mouse cursor that I made for my game today, I ran into a problem. I can get the cursor into my game easily enough, but I couldnt get it to work using an icon_state, like so;

client/mouse_pointer_icon = 'PlayerStuff.dmi'
//then I wanted to put icon_state = "Mouse" somewhere

I wouldnt get inconsistent indentations, but I would get errors. Would somone be so kind as to enlighten me on this a bit?

?The Wizard of How¿
The Wizard of How wrote:
When I was putting in a mouse cursor that I made for my game today, I ran into a problem. I can get the cursor into my game easily enough, but I couldnt get it to work using an icon_state, like so;

client/mouse_pointer_icon = 'PlayerStuff.dmi'
//then I wanted to put icon_state = "Mouse" somewhere

I wouldnt get inconsistent indentations, but I would get errors. Would somone be so kind as to enlighten me on this a bit?

?The Wizard of How¿

the new mouse procs have a defualt icon state set for them, such as the following

"" this is for the defualt
"over" this is when the mouse is over something that can interact with the mouse procs
"drag" this is the icon_state for dragging something
"drop" this is when the mouse is dragging something, and is over something that will let it be dropped on it, i think thats called mouse_drop_zone ?

anyawys, thats what the icon states have to be

and on a further note, you can use atomic objects for what your talking about

obj
mouse1
icon = 'something'
icon_state = "something"
client
mouse_pointer_icon = /obj/mouse1

something to that degree.

FIREking
In response to FIREking
fire king im going to use that code you just gave. I hope it works and i hope you dont mind.
In response to Scoobert
Me too, if not, I`ll just type it up instaed of copy n pasting