In response to SSJ4_Gohan_Majin
i looked n FAQ,Reference,and Guide.And Nothing.
For pete's sake, you can cut and paste Dreq's code and it works! (of course you might have to fix the spacing...)

I'm newbieish and I've probably asked some questions that others thought were stupid, but yeesh.

By the way, for all you DBZers, PBags suck! They should only be there if you want to test leveling up or something, they shouldn't actually be a way to level up in the game. Maybe a few levels here and there for a gravity chamber or something, but most of it should be through killing enemies and pvping.
Then you're not looking hard enough.
In response to English
Well,Dreq's Code doesn't work.it has an error Missing Left-Hand Argument to <<.If u have it why don't u tell me?
Because, we want you to learn, and the only way to learn isn't by getting free code, but by reading how the code actually works.
SSJ4_Gohan_Majin wrote:
i looked n FAQ,Reference,and Guide.And Nothing.

Oh for Christ's sake! Ok, here it is in the guide:
http://www.byond.com/docs/guide/info.html#1.3.2

Read that section. It has the exact code you need. Scroll down once from there if you are impatient.
In response to Skysaw
Thanks alot!Heres Someone who gave me a good place to find it and im a NewBie.
error???????Unfind proc????????
You have to show some code when you get an error.
That's the guide! You were told to go there a few times, you were just to impatient to find that you needed on your own.
In response to Nadrew
Did you get your tabs right?
If you insist on having code spoon-fed to you, then here it is:
mob
icon = 'TestPlayer.dmi'
Login()
icon_state = "Normal"
..()
usr.loc = locate(8,8,1)
usr << "Welcome to (GameName)!"
world << "[usr] has joined the game!"
usr << sound("startupsong.mid",1)

Logout()
world << "[usr] has left the game!"
Del(usr)
..()
of course changing what you don't want. Like if you don't have (or don't want) a midi song, remove that, and change the user location to meet your needs. it's:
user.loc= locate(x,y,z)

And make sure you tab space everything correctly! Tabs in this language is like BEGIN and END in basic, and { and } in C.

Hopefully this helps!
In response to Dreq
Once again I tell you using "usr" in procs is wrong, use "src".
In response to Nadrew
Ah yeah, ok, I just changed it. Thanks ^_^
In response to Dreq
Actually, everyone does have to start somewhere. By reading the faq, the guide and the reference. Not a single person who is a decent coder and/or respected in the byond community started out begging for the simplest lines of code. He has no idea how to code, he's just going to clog these forums asking for everything he needs, step by step. Fortunately he's seems pretty unintelligent, so he'll most likely give up pretty soon.
In response to Untitled_Boy
Not true, I begged for alot of code when I was a newbie, then I relized you get what you need quicker if you read.
In response to Nadrew
Where did you put the code? I pasted it in directly, without modifying it and it compiled fine. You don't even need to change it's spacing...
SSJ4_Gohan_Majin wrote:
Thanks alot!Heres Someone who gave me a good place to find it and im a NewBie.

The last time I told you that place to find it you called me mean. Oh well.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Because, we want you to learn,

Actually, I don't give a damn if this jackass learns or not. It's really not worth it.
In response to English
English wrote:
Where did you put the code? I pasted it in directly, without modifying it and it compiled fine. You don't even need to change it's spacing...

same here.the only error i got was that it couldnt find 'testplayer.dmi'. which isnt really an error(to me it isnt)

are you sure you are trying hard enough?

its bad enough to beg for code, but to call people "mean" and say "it doesnt work" makes me think you are expecting things to work without you even trying
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Not true, I begged for alot of code when I was a newbie, then I relized you get what you need quicker if you read.

I dont think anyone remembers that.
I try not to beg for code.I also try to read as much as possible before asking questions

it is actually quicker to read, than to keep waiting on people to post anything
:p
Page: 1 2 3