ID:266341

I need a title Screen code like in Tank's!If you know the code please tell me.Thanks!
SSJ4_Gohan_Majin wrote:
<font color=red>I need a title Screen code like in Tank's!If you know the code please tell me.Thanks!</font>

<font color=black size=-2>Sorry, but you seem to have accidentally italicized your message and put it in an unreadable color, so I have no idea what you are asking.</font>
In response to Deadron
Deadron, verbose as always.

--Tarmas.
SSJ4_Gohan_Majin wrote:
I need a title Screen code like in Tank's!If you know the code please tell me.Thanks!

• Close your HTML tags.
  • Create the title screen in another map or on another Z-level.
  • Close your HTML tags.
  • Start off every player's mob in the center of the title screen.
  • Close your HTML tags.
  • When the game starts, move the player to the regular map/z-level.
  • Close your HTML tags.

It's generally pretty simple, really. Don't forget to close your tags.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
SSJ4_Gohan_Majin wrote:

• Close your HTML tags.
  • Close your HTML tags.
  • Close your HTML tags.
  • Close your HTML tags.

It's generally pretty simple, really. Don't forget to close your tags.

Lummox JR

• hehe, I find that many people like to use HTML tags but yet they dont close them...To all the people who use HTML tags...could you please close your tags when using HTML? Its pointless using HTML tags if you cant be bothered to either close your tags or even dont know how to close them.

Lee
In response to Lummox JR
He probably doesnt know how to, and thats why he doesnt close them

Title screens are eisier to make than any other part of the game I'd say
In response to Pillsverry
Pillsverry wrote:
He probably doesnt know how to, and thats why he doesnt close them

Ah, but ignorance is curable.

Title screens are eisier to make than any other part of the game I'd say

Yes, they are. I haven't make mine yet, but that's mostly because I've got other parts of the game to worry about.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Yes, they are. I haven't make mine yet, but that's mostly because I've got other parts of the game to worry about.

Bit of warning from experience...it's much easier to do the title screen early than later. Later you may find you have unexpected dependencies in the code that didn't account for another map level, or for someone not always being in the game.
In response to Deadron
Deadron wrote:
Bit of warning from experience...it's much easier to do the title screen early than later. Later you may find you have unexpected dependencies in the code that didn't account for another map level, or for someone not always being in the game.

Actually in my case it's easier to do later. I want to have this screen show which players are active (by color), or which aren't yet taken before a new game. Some of the title screen stuff will depend on things that haven't been done yet.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Deadron wrote:

Actually in my case it's easier to do later. I want to have this screen show which players are active (by color), or which aren't yet taken before a new game. Some of the title screen stuff will depend on things that haven't been done yet.

Lummox JR

Mmm my basic warning still applies: Dependencies on map level or login timing may not be revealed until the screen is in place. Extra info can always be added to the screen later of course...

Just a warning based on my experience with a couple of games, where adding the screen late turned into a multi-hour exercising of tracking down and redesigning portions of the game that always assumed one map level, etc.

For that reason I created a DDT login library that sticks the screen in with a single call...making it more likely I'd take care of it up front.
In response to Deadron
Deadron wrote:
Mmm my basic warning still applies: Dependencies on map level or login timing may not be revealed until the screen is in place. Extra info can always be added to the screen later of course...

Just a warning based on my experience with a couple of games, where adding the screen late turned into a multi-hour exercising of tracking down and redesigning portions of the game that always assumed one map level, etc.

That's okay, though; I've actually designed from the beginning for having my game map on level 1, title on level 2. For the title screen I can mark the center turf so mobs can be put there at creation time.

Lummox JR
In response to Deadron
Deadron wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:

I did the title screen in MLAAS after quite a bit of code had been laid down. It initially had the quaint behavior of spawning random game objects on top of the screen occasionally. :-)
In response to Skysaw
close tags?
In response to SSJ4_Gohan_Majin
SSJ4_Gohan_Majin wrote:
<font color=red>I need a title Screen code like in Tank's!If you know the code please tell me.Thanks!</font>
that means....
<font color=red>I need a title Screen code like in Tank's!If you know the code please tell me.Thanks!
</font> //THESE!
If you can't use html right, don't use it at all.
In response to mystX
doesn't work!!
He was talking about your badly used html. <font color=black><small>you annoying annoying dbzer</small></font>

Nadrew
In response to Lummox JR

• Don't forget to make the title screen's icons and place them in the z level with the title.
In response to Lummox JR
the only reason why my game even has a title screen is because I tend to doddle on fixing my coding, and bugs, so I add useless features while I think of ways to fix my coding, which slows down production a bit

:P
In response to Pillsverry
Thats why I have a project called icon for new stuff that I design. Try something out, and then port it over to the project it belongs to. The fact that it works in two projects helps determine if there are any problems with it.