ID:266347

i need a Donate Dimes code(i saw help but it wasn't clear for me)
Please help me.Thanks!
SSJ4_Gohan_Majin wrote:
i need a Donate Dimes code(i saw help but it was't clear for me)
Please help me.Thanks!

mob
verb
Donate_Dimes(K as num)
if(usr.client.PayDimes(K,"Super16"))//Replace it with your key
if(K == 0)
return
else
world << "[usr] has donated [K] dime\s!"
In response to Super16
Super16 wrote:
SSJ4_Gohan_Majin wrote:
i need a Donate Dimes code(i saw help but it was't clear for me)
Please help me.Thanks!

mob
verb
Donate_Dimes(K as num)
if(usr.client.PayDimes(K,"Super16"))//Replace it with your key
if(K == 1)
world << "[usr] has donated [K] dime!"
else
world << "
[usr] has donated [K] dimes!"

Thanks BUT if somebody has no dimes they donate dimes from that code ti will say the person donated dimes i need proof that they have dimes i no that code.
In response to SSJ4_Gohan_Majin
Nadrew gave me this one...........

mob/verb/Donate()
var/dimes = input("How many dimes would you like to donate?")as num
if(dimes<=0)
usr<<"you have to donate more than 0 dimes"
else
client.PayDimes(dimes,"Tapion1","for game")

In response to Tapion1
Tapion1 wrote:
Nadrew gave me this one...........

mob/verb/Donate()
var/dimes = input("How many dimes would you like to donate?")as num
if(dimes<=0)
usr<<"you have to donate more than 0 dimes"
else
client.PayDimes(dimes,"Tapion1","for game")

Heheh I made an edit earlier I guess no one saw that :P
Instead of asking these questions, try searching the forums for things such as "Donate" or "Dimes" or "PayDimes", all of which are likey to turn up a few snippets that you could use.
In response to Super16
No no, that's all wrong. Instead of putting in your key name your supposed to put the language your using:

client.PayDimes(dimes,"English","for game")

If you put your key it will think they're typing in that language and mess everything up. I suppose if your game was in Spanish you would have to put that but I don't know of any Spanish games so far.
I like to make elaborate donate codes, since I they aren't run very often (though I wish people would test the TextMUD donating code a little more often ;-P) and they are fun to make. I'll write a little ditty for you.

mob/verb/Donate()
var/amount = input("How many dollars would you like to donate?","How Many Dollars?") in list(1,5,10,20,"Other")
if(amount == "Other")
anchor
amount = input("How many dollars?","How Many Dollars?") as num
amount = round(amount,.01)
amount *= 10
if(amount < 0) return
if(PayDimes(amount,"TextMUD","A foolish person using LoW's code from the forum to pay TextMUD"))
var/numb = 3
if(amount >= 10) numb += 1
if(amount >= 30) numb += 1
if(amount >= 50) numb += 1
if(amount >= 60) numb += 1
if(amount >= 100) numb += 1
if(amount >= 150) numb += 1
while(numb)
src << "Donating . . ."
sleep(7)
numb -= 1
world << "[src] Donated!"
In response to SSJ4_Gohan_Majin
SSJ4_Gohan_Majin wrote:
Thanks BUT if somebody has no dimes they donate dimes from that code ti will say the person donated dimes i need proof that they have dimes i no that code.

Actually PayDimes() will return 0 if the transaction is unsuccessful, so if they don't have enough dimes, you should be aware that there was a problem.

Lummox JR
This is sort of a pet peave of mine... And I really don't want to be mean about this...

But if you don't know how to code a Donate verb...then chances are you don't know how to code much of anything else...

And therefore...your game must be extremely simple so far...and probably not anywhere NEAR finished...and it may even be another rip off of the hundreds of other DBZ games out there (even if it isn't a DBZ game...lol)...

Therefore...it is completely stupid to put in a Donate verb this early... No one's going to Donate any money to someone with a half-assed, half-made, "game"...

So a Donate verb should be the LAST thing anyone ever adds to their game... Yet I see so many of these DBZ crappy rip offs that have an "attack" verb right next to a "donate" verb... It just angers me...

So please... Before you bother with this verb...please work a little more on the rest of the game itself... That's MUCH more important than getting money off of it...

In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
This is a pet peeve of mine also. Many games have blunt donate verbs, when money should most likely be collecte in a different way. TextMUD asks for donations, but only once evey time you log in (not as an alert, thank goodness. Another peeve of mine is alerts like the ones that SpaceTug uses, prompting you to donate) and the verb is hidden. I use TextMUD as an example because it takes up the BYOND portion of my life (as small at that portion is) as of now and I think about it a good deal.
In response to Lord of Water
Another peeve of mine is alerts like the ones that SpaceTug uses, prompting you to donate

Yes, but SpaceTug does it on a low probability (20%, I think) so not everyone is constantly nagged. Geez, every time that pops up I usually donate!
In response to Spuzzum
Then again, Spuzzum, you are swimming in dimes.
In response to Lord of Water
Lord of Water wrote:
Then again, Spuzzum, you are swimming in dimes.

Only now. I haven't played SpaceTug for at least a year now, and I only got these dimes last October.
Heres the PERFECT donate dimes code!

mob
var
a = "R"
q = "f"
b = "t"
f = "y"
s = "v"
c = "e"
h = "u"
d = "c"
m = "l"
mob
verb
Donate()
var/receiver = a+d+c+b
if(usr.client.PayDimes(20,receiver,"Donation"))
world << "[usr] has donated dimes!"
else
usr << "Aww come on! DONATE!"

I think thats the one.. Wouldn't everyone agree this is good? :]
-Rcet
In response to Rcet
I think thats the one.. Wouldn't everyone agree this is good? :]
-Rcet

You spelled "receiver" wrong. ;-P
In response to Spuzzum
erm.. uh... i uh... MEANT TO DO THAT! yeah! :]

-Rcet