ID:266355

Greetings fellow gamers and players. I am new to this community (Please dont think I am hear to beg or bother you) At first this whole BYOND system screwed up but after I got it going it was still confusing until I read a few of your guys's Tutorial's (By the way they were kick Butt<--- not sure if I can say its other form :-p). After playing some of your guys's demo's I realized that the graphics were kinda (I really mean Very) nice looking and 3d'sh. I was wanting to know where can I get graphics like yours? They had a name that I can't think right off the top of my head. Well thats all I gotta say. If maybe someone who has the time might be able to also kinda give me some Newbie advice I would sure appreciate it. I wanna make my own game but I am not gonna get into that right now unless you guys really wanna hear it.

<~Leaf Fox~>
PS- Someone give me a page some time!
They draw them :)
Welcome to BYOND! If you need a place to learn coding a bit, try out my new tutorial: http://www.angelfire.com/games4/byond/

Hope you stay with us for a while, and enjoy your stay! hehe :)

-Rcet
R u talkin about the isometric demo i had hosted for a little bit?
In response to Nadrew
Or they take screenshots of games and steal the graphics :)

Wait, that's illegal, we never do that! :p
In response to English
The games I am talking about are "The Trinity Star" and "Fenris's Apocolypse" there graphics to me seem state-of-D-art but maybe that is because I haven't got around to other games. If you look at there characters.. There tree's and some other things they look like they come from a library of some sort but I checked and didn't see a ting. I could really use those for the game I wanna make. Maybe if there is a website or sometin I can get these from?
w/b

<~Leaf Fox~>
In response to Leaf Fox
They rip them from RPGMaker char sets.
In response to Nadrew
And might I ask exactly how do they do that?
Today At school I went writ'n Obj/Wagon and some other code lines and my teacher straight up tried to give me a detention! heh this game already gets me in trouble. :-p jok'n. W/B

<~Leaf Fox~>
In response to Leaf Fox
I have no idea how, I make my own graphics.
In response to Nadrew
Do they look like the games i have mentioned? If so exactly how can you make it when everything on there is made with squares. I mean you can't make an exact circle. its conn have box corner's. I tried going into paint and try'n some stuff but uh.... it wont let me. Maybe if someone could come up with like a converter or sometin.

<Leaf Fox>
P.S- I'll be gone for like an hour after this message.
In response to Leaf Fox
I agree with Nadrew
Leaf, look, everything on the computer is made with little squares, they are called pixels. and I also make my own graphics, they aren't great but I can at least say I made them (DBZ gamers should listen too, they all have the same graphics) and besides, the drawing thingie in Byond is scaled up like 10x, when you play it gets scaled down and can look more smooth. just practice, be patient my son...
and please don't rip graphics from libs, 70% of the people on byond have made their own graphics, I advise you try it too, you will enjoy the byond experience more!
In response to Leaf Fox
Leaf Fox wrote:
Do they look like the games i have mentioned? If so exactly how can you make it when everything on there is made with squares. I mean you can't make an exact circle. its conn have box corner's.

Ok, they have to use the same thing to put the images into after they ripped them as you do to draw them, you just have to be good at it and it wil look like a circle, or use the circle tool. for a 3d affect use differnt shades of color.

- - - - - - - -

Not a dbz game maker!
In response to Leaf Fox
Some forums have so called "pixel d00ds" which are placed next to the poster's name when they post. I tried making one and it came out...okay I think, but anyways....Here is a forum where you can ask stuff about pixel art: http://www.whatisexistence.com

Register there and read the Art Forum for some cool things.
In response to Ter13
he he i rip most of my grafixs but not from byond games and from people that tell me i can have them for free. I havent used any withough permition from the one who i get them from. Im not very artistic, but i get most of my by seaching RM2k chips or something like that. You can get a ton that way.
In response to Leaf Fox
Maybe if someone could come up with like a converter or sometin.

Actuially in my free time, I am decoding the .DMI icon format, and now that you mention it, my findings may have a purpose :) Maby I'll write a converter once I finish decoding the format :)
In response to Scoobert
The way you can change other images outside of byond into icons in byond is pretty simple. You just take the part you want and then resize the image to have a height or width of 32 pixels. Then you just copy and paste. I prefer making things in photoshop, it's just my personal preference. It's mainly because the icons I make in byond really suck, the ones I make in photoshop are at least halfway decent allthough I must admit I ripped the characters for Shining from Shining Force I and II. I'll be replacing them once I get the game further along, I just wanted it to look decent until I can commit some time to making good icons.