mob
verb
icon = 'Person.dmi'
turf
sand
icon = 'sand.dmi'
world
turf = turf/sand

This is what I have but I cant seem to get my map to come up. When I do complile it shows no errors. Any help would be nice.
Did you make a new map file?
In response to Nadrew
This is a new game so I dont think I did.
In response to Atma Weapon
Well that's your problem, for a map to show up you MUST have a .dmp file included in your project.
In response to Nadrew
I have 2 maps now and neither one will show up with grass or sand. I changed grass to sand after it didnt work the first time. It says the following objects are no longer compatible with the DM code......../turf/sand or /turf/grass. Then is says unable to read Map.dmp.
That means the turf was on the map then you changed the path, to fix it change the path on the box that (should) come up when you try to open your map, or delete the path name on the box and start over.
In response to Nadrew
I already deleted the it when this problem first started. That is why I made the "sand". It says the same thing about the sand.
If you had a /turf/grass on your map and changed turf/grass in your code you'll get a map error.
In response to Nadrew
I have tried both /turf/grass and turf/grass neither one shows an error nor works.
Nadrew did you somehow fix me?
Nope, you did it yourself.
In response to Nadrew
It was weird, nothing was working and then an error came up. You cant access my game at all? How do I place grass around my map?
To place grass on your map you need to have this code:

turf/grass
icon = 'grass.dmi'

(You'll probably have to change that to work with your file setup)

Now when you open your map file you'll see the file tree on the left, anything over there with a '+* next to it has types in it click that '+' thing and you should see it extend to the avalible things you have now click on one of those to select it and now click the map to place it.

In response to Nadrew
Alrighty it work! Thanks for all your help Nadrew.