ID:266495

How do you make the icon show in a Statpanel?If you know please tell me!Thanks!Oh and plz do not give me a code like this
mob/Stat()
statpanel("Stats")
stat("Icon","[src.icon]")

Because it only says the Icon name.

-Kappa the Imp
Take out the "" and just leave it [src.icon]. i dunno if it will work
Zilal wrote a nice tutorial for this somewhere in the BYONDscape archive. Search around and you'll find it.

In response to Sariat
That won't work :oP
Kappa the Imp wrote:
How do you make the icon show in a Statpanel?If you know please tell me!Thanks!Oh and plz do not give me a code like this
> mob/Stat()
> statpanel("Stats")
> stat("Icon","[src.icon]")
>

-Kappa the Imp

The easiest way I see would be to make the icon an obj and stat the obj, that would be done like so:

mob/Stat()
statpanel("Stats")
var/obj/O as new()
O.icon = "[src.icon]"
stat(O)
In response to Foomer
Not exaxtly,I read Zilals thing and it was all about statpanels,but you have to make an obj and then put it in.Please help me!And darkness that didn't work.

-Kappa the Imp
In response to Kappa the Imp
statpanel("Whatever")
stat("Icon","\icon[usr]")

There,
In response to FireEmblem
There, that won't work. You can try it and see. ;-)
In response to Darkness
var/obj/O as new()

I've never seen that notation before, does it work any differently than = new()?
In response to English
English wrote:
var/obj/O as new()

I've never seen that notation before, does it work any differently than = new()?

gah! I'm surprized I didn't notice what I was puting..guess I shouldn't code for 3 hours then try to anwser questions on the forum..everything you were coding goes to your head =P
In response to Darkness
Darkness wrote:
Kappa the Imp wrote:
> > mob/Stat()
> > statpanel("Stats")
> > stat("Icon","[src.icon]")
> >

-Kappa the Imp

The easiest way I see would be to make the icon an obj and stat the obj, that would be done like so:

mob/Stat()
statpanel("Stats")
var/obj/O as new()
O.icon = "[src.icon]"
stat(O)

Try this instead I kinda messed up while typing my last code hehehe:

mob/Stat()
statpanel("Stats")
var/obj/O = new()
O.icon = src.icon
stat(O)
In response to Darkness
Must be a bad time of the year or something. I just went through 30 minutes of debugging to find out I forgot to initialize a list :op

There are usually several notations for the same thing in byond so I just assumed the way you did it was some way of making a new "thing." I was about to go search for it but you responded quickly :p
In response to English
English wrote:
Must be a bad time of the year or something. I just went through 30 minutes of debugging to find out I forgot to initialize a list :op

There are usually several notations for the same thing in byond so I just assumed the way you did it was some way of making a new "thing." I was about to go search for it but you responded quickly :p

Well, at least there's one thing you know now -- always ASSERT(list) or ASSERT(O) to see if the object you created actually exists!
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
There, that won't work. You can try it and see. ;-)

Will this? :-p
Stat()
     statpanel("Status")
     stat("You",usr)
In response to Spuzzum
yep yep :)

It's really strange because I usually do that...I guess my brain was elsewhere.

I also found out that I was hosting in public mode while testing it so some people tried to join (but I had a key blocker to only let me in). It's usually a bad thing to have players joining while your ironing out the admin functions :p
In response to Creek
Will this? :-p
> Stat()
>      statpanel("Status")
>      stat("You",usr)
>

Yep, that'd work just fine.
In response to Spuzzum
:):) Thanks guys!

-Kappa the Imp