verb/Spy(mob/M in world)
set category = "CO"
usr.client.eye = M
sleep(500)
usr.client.eye = usr

it works but it just shows a black screen when i use it on someone
{Edit}
It works only on people in your screen
Mobs are only capable of viewing the distance up to twice the size of world.view. If you want to look at something outside of that, you'll need to switch over to calculating view from the client instead of the mob. Look up client/perspective for more information.
You would have to turn off/on some bits..
mob
verb
Spy(mob/M in world)
set category = "CO"
usr.client.eye = M
usr.sight &= ~(SEE_MOBS|SEE_OBJS|SEE_TURFS) //turf off see_mobs,see_objs, and see_turfs bits
sleep(500)
usr.sight |= (SEE_MOBS|SEE_OBJS|SEE_TURFS) // turn the bits back on.
usr.client.eye = usr

-Rcet
Thief jack wrote:
mob
> verb/Spy(mob/M in world)
> set category = "CO"
> usr.client.eye = M
> sleep(500)
> usr.client.eye = usr

{Edit}

The reason everything shows up black is that all the visibility calculations are based on your mob, not the other mob. To change that, add this to the code:
client
perspective=EYE_PERSPECTIVE

This is a fairly new feature and was requested a lot for basically the same reasons you need it.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
client
> perspective=EYE_PERSPECTIVE

This is a fairly new feature and was requested a lot for basically the same reasons you need it.

Lummox Jr.

mob
verb/Spy(mob/M in world)
set category = "CO"
usr.client.eye = M
usr.client.eye = EYE_PERSPECTIVE
usr.sight &= ~(SEE_MOBS|SEE_OBJS|SEE_TURFS) //turf off see_mobs,see_objs, and see_turfs bits
sleep(500)
usr.client.eye = usr

that still doesnt work *cries* ill never get it right
In response to Thief Jack
Thief jack wrote:
Lummox Jr.

JR
mob
verb/Spy(mob/M in world)
set category = "CO"
usr.client.eye = M
usr.client.eye = EYE_PERSPECTIVE
sleep(500)
usr.client.eye = usr

that still doesnt work *cries* ill never get it right

Rcet pulled that bit about the usr.sight bits out of left field; he has no idea what he's talking about. Take out the lines with usr.sight and it will work fine.

Lummox JR
In response to Rcet
Rcet wrote:
You would have to turn off/on some bits..
mob
verb
Spy(mob/M in world)
set category = "CO"
usr.client.eye = M
sleep(500)
usr.client.eye = usr

I have no idea where you thought that one up, but you couldn't be more wrong. That would only be true if he wanted to see less than he already sees. Mucking around with usr.sight won't help, let alone turning off some of the bits so the user is "blinded".

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
You may also want to check out my player tracker demo.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Thief jack wrote:
mob
> > verb/Spy(mob/M in world)
> > set category = "CO"
> > usr.client.eye = M
> > sleep(500)
> > usr.client.eye = usr

{Edit}

The reason everything shows up black is that all the visibility calculations are based on your mob, not the other mob. To change that, add this to the code:
client
> perspective=EYE_PERSPECTIVE

Lummox JR

Never heard of EYE_PERSPECTIVE... was it announced?

It sure would have made my Enemy Eye skill in MLAAS a lot easier!
In response to Skysaw
Skysaw wrote:
Never heard of EYE_PERSPECTIVE... was it announced?

It sure would have made my Enemy Eye skill in MLAAS a lot easier!

I forget which version introduced client.perspective, but it was fairly recent. I think it was one of the ones after 314. The change was listed in the release notes.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Rcet pulled that bit about the usr.sight bits out of left field; he has no idea what he's talking about.

In a way, I do. It has always worked for me like that. But I havn't messed with client.eye for a while, so it may not work anymore. You could set the client.eye to another mob, and turf on the bits, and you would have the mobs eye, no black screen. Messy way of doing it, yes, but it DID work.

-Rcet

[edit]
As a matter of fact, Lexy was the one that told me to do that, when I was having trouble with it some time ago. So don't go blaming me! :) (don't go blaming HER either, just let it be! :P)
[edit]
In response to Lummox JR
If I remember correctly, it was during the Time of Many Betas. It was in the release notes, it probably just got buried within a couple days of its release and got unread.

-AbyssDragon
In response to Rcet
Rcet wrote:
As a matter of fact, Lexy was the one that told me to do that, when I was having trouble with it some time ago. So don't go blaming me! :) (don't go blaming HER either, just let it be! :P)

My guess is she would have told you to turn on the bits, and then turn them back off (or restore their original settings)--because turning them off in order to see more is like turning off the light to read.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Got them mixed up, havn't used them in a while. Sorry -.-;

-Rcet
In response to Lummox JR
My guess is she would have told you to turn on the bits, and then turn them back off (or restore their original settings)--because turning them off in order to see more is like turning off the light to read.

Well, it would make sense to turn off a light to read if you're wearing NVGs.
In response to Lummox JR
Ummm just cuz im bored...I got this 2 days ago :P