ID:266643

Anyone have an idea why I would be having problems getting the MouseEntered() proc to trigger on an area?

I've tried everything I can think of... bringing the area to the top layer, setting the area's mouse_opacity to 2... but nothing seems to work. The event just won't trigger for me.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Corporate Dog
Corporate Dog wrote:
Anyone have an idea why I would be having problems getting the MouseEntered() proc to trigger on an area?

I've tried everything I can think of... bringing the area to the top layer, setting the area's mouse_opacity to 2... but nothing seems to work. The event just won't trigger for me.

THEORY:
MouseEntered is an atom proc, and though areas are derived from atoms (typo under "area" in the reference), there is bound to be another atom there which will steal the MouseEntered() call, most likely a turf.

You might want to consider using turf.MouseEntered() instead. Could be a pain, depending on what you're trying to do.

Can anyone confirm this theory?
In response to Skysaw
Skysaw wrote:

THEORY:
MouseEntered is an atom proc, and though areas are derived from atoms (typo under "area" in the reference), there is bound to be another atom there which will steal the MouseEntered() call, most likely a turf.

Can anyone confirm this theory?

Actually, I'll confirm it for you. I don't know why this didn't work for me initially, but I finally did get it to work.

First, you need to put the area in a layer higher than any other atoms. Second, if it's not opaque, you're going to need to set mouse_opacity=2.

Otherwise, you're right... the other atoms will intercept the event.

Regards,
Corporate Dog