ID:267585

Hello,
I've heard good things about BYOND, and I am interested in learning the DM language. I'm hoping to create games like many of you have. I have a few questions that I'm hoping some of you can answer:
  • What are some good games or chats to join into?
  • Is their anything to stay away from?
  • Is their any other important stuff I should know?

Thanks,
Ðatacon
Data-Con wrote:
What are some good games or chats to join into?

Chatters -- The BYONDs greatest built Chat-Room

As for games, it is basically for you to destinguish by what you really like. Some people would dislike games you love, and others would love certain games you like also, and so forth.

>Is their anything to stay away from?

Trouble ;) -- Easy thing to say, hard task to do though :D

I doubt you should get into any real trouble though, as you seem like a well-manoured person.

>Is their any other important stuff I should know?

If you wish to learn, then the FAQ, Reference, Guide and the ZBTs are the best thing for you!

ZBT stands for Zilals Beginner Tutorial, here are the links to the three ZBTs.

ZBT - 1 - Action / RPG Edition
ZBT - 2 - Board Game / Strategy Edition
ZBT - 3 - TextMUD Edtion

I hope you enjoy your stay here, and I hope your games are a hit!

--Lee
Hey, welcome to Byond. I'm new too, but I can definitely tell you some information. Maybe play my game! Well, that was a cheap way of advertising, but who cares. If you're looking for a good chat, Chatterz is a great chat;). But it's not live to much. Oh yep, about the stuff you should stay away from.. humm... let me think, jeez.. try staying away from oh.. let's say THE ZETA RIPS! If you don't know what I mean, you'll see down the road. Good luck with learning byond:P.

-Camaro-
Data-Con wrote:
I have a few questions that I'm hoping some of you can answer:
  • What are some good games or chats to join into?

• Chatters by Xooxer
  • Is their anything to stay away from?

• Sariat and Garthor

And by the way, the name's Ray. Nice to meet ya.
Hi, welcome to BYOND.
Data-Con wrote:
  • Q: What are some good games or chats to join into?
  • A: Chatters by Xooxer and as for games, unless you are entertained easily I wish you good luck on finding one.
  • Q: Is their anything to stay away from?
  • A: Around the night of a full moon or march 21st... Me (for various reasons).
  • Q: Is their any other important stuff I should know?
  • A: Leave the seat down, there are ladies around here.

Have fun brae
~;)\)3();~
In response to Stimulus
*Slaps Stimulus with a 10x4*
In response to Camaro
I thought Chatterz was only down for now because Digi is moving and has to set up new servers and things. I don't know all the information, but I think that's why digitalBYOND is down too. But besides that,

Welcome to BYOND! The c0013s+ place to make online worlds!

<-Airjoe->
In response to Garthor
Garthor wrote:
*Slaps Stimulus with a 10x4*

See what I mean!

$~Stimulus~$
In response to Airjoe
Camaro was talking about Chatterz, not Chatters. Chatters is far better. :) In fact it's NOT down. Nadrew has put up a secondary server at least until digitalmouse can start hosting again.
In response to NeoHaxor
Thank you, I did find a game that is preety good. My Life As A Spy is a real good game. I haven't seen Chatters live yet, but when it is up I'll join it.

Ðatacon
In response to Data-Con
Chatters is almost always up, but it won't say so unless someone is logged in. So, you can always log in, but if nobody else is logged in then it kind of defeats the purpose of being in Chatters.
In response to OneFishDown
But, if no one is logged in, then no one is going to log in, and no one will ever log in to chatters =P. I think. =/

<-Airjoe->
In response to Airjoe
Mertek has no life, he's usually logged in =P
In response to Airjoe
I can host if for a bit