ID:267597

I want to use icons that I did not make. Is this wrong or am I breaking a rule? They're basic RPG icons that have appeared in one game that I know of. I also have another icon of a little yellow man (that looks like pac-man a bit), is it Ok if I use that icon for a second separate project. Thanks

Ðatacon
It all depends on what you really think. No one is going to stop you really.

If your good at it, make your own icons, youll feel like youve done more.

But if you find icons and sprites to download and they are public domain you may use them however you may want to.
Data-Con wrote:
I want to use icons that I did not make. Is this wrong or am I breaking a rule? They're basic RPG icons that have appeared in one game that I know of. I also have another icon of a little yellow man (that looks like pac-man a bit), is it Ok if I use that icon for a second separate project. Thanks

Ðatacon

If they are RPG Maker 2002, please put a thing at the start of your game saying you will be replacing them soon, just to not scare people out of your game with boring Rpg maker 2002 turfs, as for other graphics, if they are free to use but need credit, put the credit where needed. Have fun making your game, and prosper in the byond community. ;)
No one really cares what you do in your own little games, but if you want your game to be published, its a good idea to avoid that, unless you're taking the fangame approach and making an online duplicate of an offline game made by someone else. If its not a fangame, using someone else's icons is an excellent way to degrade the quality of your game. In some cases, people have more respect for games with lousy graphics than they do for games with "ripped" graphics. And if you make a game with lousy graphics, there's always the chance you'll find some artistic players who want to improve them.
Data-Con wrote:
yellow man (that looks like pac-man a bit)

Ðatacon

That yellow man is my God.. Bob! I use him as my icon in byond boxing ^_~.

-Camaro-