Okay, not as sexy as getting to dream up features for member pages, but bear with me. I've been lured back to BYOND to work on various aspects of the system; documentation will be a big part of it. We want to make the BYOND software as user-friendly as possible, and also the BYOND website, both the player and developer sections. I thought I'd do a little informal surveying to see what you all thought could use some revamping. Here are some questions, which you can answer directly or just use for inspiration.
First, go back to that time when you were new to BYOND...
1. What were you looking for when you came to BYOND?
2. What were your first frustrations?
3. How did you learn how to program (or to use the Dream Seeker)?
Moving into the present...
4. What advice would you give to someone who was new to BYOND today? (This advice could be about anything.)
5. Have you had friends who tried BYOND, but didn't continue with it? Why did they drop out?
6. Have you had friends you tried to introduce to BYOND, but they decided not to download/use it? Why not?
7. What new documentation do you think would be useful, if any?
8. What do YOU think about the layout of the website, both the "play" and "develop" sides? What would you change to make it easier and more useful for players and developers, new and old?
9. Anything else?
Feb 6 2007, 9:17 am