ID:270582

Ok, I am trying to have a few of my friends test my new Game High Throne, and all 4 of us have tried to host the game, but for some reason it will not allow any of us to join, neither will it appear on the HUB. Can someone tell me what is wrong?
You might not be able to host because you guys are being blocked by routers: look up "port forwarding". Also, look up
hub = "yourname.gamename"
In response to Seraphrevan
I tried that, nothing worked, we can host like open the game, but we can;t get anyone to join or for it to appear on the HUB.
In response to Dragon warrior2662
So you actually got your hosting friends to do the port forwarding process and it still didn't work? I'm not sure then. It should appear on the hub if you do
world
hub="name.game"

If it's not, then I don't know. I'm not that great myself.
Sounds like a router problem, but you could also try checking to make sure any administrative procedures are calling the parent properly and allowing connection.

If you have either of the following defined:
client/New()
mob/Login()
Make sure the parent is being called either after or before your code.
client/New()
..()
// Your code

client/New()
// Your code
..()

Routers won't prevent you from hosting, just incoming connections. Also check for software firewalls (and the Microsoft Windows XP built in firewall..)
If it is a router problem, this should help... http://www.portforward.com
In response to Seraphrevan
Some anti virus software put up a lil firewall like object which you either need to lower the secuirty of, turn off (Which i do not recommend) or find a little feature known as a... exception list and add the port in which you plan on hosting on (and add byond to its exception program list if you want)

Also, like the others have said, you'll need the same port to be opened up on your router

G'day!