ID:271776

Ok i have a problem this project i am working on is going to have around 10 windows using winset output and winshow the problem is setting the windows as default only one of them can be default if i close the window the dreamseeker process is still running in the background i have done a work around of taking off the X close button top right forcing the user to use the menu to quit.

winset(src,"TestWindow","is-default=true")

Surly in theory it should work correct? guess again.
Bumpo.
A.T.H.K wrote:
Ok i have a problem this project i am working on is going to have around 10 windows using winset output and winshow the problem is setting the windows as default only one of them can be default if i close the window the dreamseeker process is still running in the background i have done a work around of taking off the X close button top right forcing the user to use the menu to quit.

winset(src,"TestWindow","is-default=true")

Surly in theory it should work correct? guess again.

I have no idea what your actually trying to do but from the Skin Ref.
"It is generally not a good idea to change is-default at runtime." and "Changing is-default at runtime may cause unpredictable results."

Because of these two notes, I always assumed trying to change is-default was a bad idea. But more importantly why do you even want to?
In response to A.T.H.K
Yeah, what GreenLime said. You should listen to the warnings the references say :/

and wouldn't this possibly belong in Code Problems?
In response to Kaiochao2536
Kaiochao2536 wrote:
Yeah, what GreenLime said. You should listen to the warnings the references say :/

First of all your post is useless it provides nothing second of all i am asking how to do it and i am not providing any code.

and third Green Lime i was in a rush sorry but you got the jist of it thank you :).

The reason i want to change it because i winshow around 3 windows to get the user past the welcome and create character screen and when these windows don't show up as anything in the task bar or whatever its called it is a problem since the window kind of hides itself alt+tab is the only way to get to it, it is sort of inconvenient to have that since if people where playing the game they wouldn't have a clue where the window went so they would load it again and again and then finally stop and realise they have been logged in for hours / days because stupid deamseeker.exe is still running as a process in the background.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Kaiochao2536 wrote:

First of all your post is useless it provides nothing second of all i am asking how to do it and i am not providing any code.

and third Green Lime i was in a rush sorry but you got the jist of it thank you :).

The reason i want to change it because i winshow around 3 windows to get the user past the welcome and create character screen and when these windows don't show up as anything in the task bar or whatever its called it is a problem since the window kind of hides itself alt+tab is the only way to get to it, it is sort of inconvenient to have that since if people where playing the game they wouldn't have a clue where the window went so they would load it again and again and then finally stop and realise they have been logged in for hours / days because stupid deamseeker.exe is still running as a process in the background.

The overlapping and closing processes are the two main features of byond's windows. Overlapping is the windows ability not to overlap the other child windows. That means if the overlapping window has current focus it will not appear in front of or above the other visible child windows. This feature is decided at skin's initialization and cannot be changed at run time. It is given to either the first window with default set in the skin interface or if none just the first window.
Secondly, the closing feature is the ability for that window to close all other windows and end the process. In contrast to the overlapping feature, this feature is decided at run time. The window's defaults act like a ladder of accessibility to this feature. For example, let’s say you have 3 windows and want the third window to close the process but all 3 windows have default set to true in the interface. You must set both window1 and window2's defaults to false using winset(mob or client, "window1", "is-default=false") and the same for "window2" before window 3 has the ability to close the process. Additionally, if you want window 1 to have the ability back just set its default to true again.

The taskbar shows the window that has the overlapping feature.

I am still not sure exactly how you are setting up your windows but if, you are doing it window by window. You could keep the title bar and close button and just add a continue option in the windows.
In the welcome window you have your continue button which winshows the welcome window out of visibility and sets its default to false so that the next window, the creation window, has the ability to close the process.
Note: You would need to set the default in the interface to the actual game window and leave all windows’ defaults before the game window false. Then when you give the focus to the windows that come before just set their is-default to true so they can close the process. On the other hand, you could put the first window as the game window and it would save you a lot of trouble.