ID:272816

If you don't respond in a certain time, or if the circumstances have changed, input() cleared and the proc ends prematurely

Any way of doing this?
Try checking out sd_alert; hows how to make a timed alert() - I'm sure you can think of some way to use the method they used for input (hazardous guess though).
In response to GhostAnime
if timed inputs arent possible atm, something is wrong heeere
In response to Mista-mage123
Er, forgot to mention that sd_alert is a library/demo made by Shadowdarke >_>'
In response to GhostAnime
GhostAnime wrote:
Er, forgot to mention that sd_alert is a library/demo made by Shadowdarke >_>'

thanks you are awesome!
If you don't want to use sd_alert you can pull this off by attaching the input() call to a datum, when that datum gets deleted the input box will be removed as well.

MyInput
proc
Input(caller=usr,caption="",title="",default="")
return input(caller,caption,title,default)

mob
verb/TestInput()
var/MyInput/I = new()
spawn(100) del(I) // Close after 10 seconds or so.
usr << I.Input(usr,"Hello!","Enter some text","Default text")
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
If you don't want to use sd_alert you can pull this off by attaching the input() call to a datum, when that datum gets deleted the input box will be removed as well.

> MyInput
> proc
> Input(caller=usr,caption="",title="",default="")
> input(caller,caption,title,default)
>
>
> mob
> verb/TestInput()
> var/MyInput/I = new()
> spawn(100) del(I) // Close after 10 seconds or so.
> I.Input(usr,"Hello!","Enter some text","Default text")
>

If the input box is deleted due to the above, will it return null and the proc continues?
It would probably return the default value, but you can easily test it yourself.
The window isn't closing. I know i must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what...

I'm using HTML Links to create the list, but, for some reason, when i click the link, nothing is returned, the proc is still halted, and the proc doesnt continue

EDIT: That was just me being stupid. I forgot I had Topic() already defined XD
I've used a method similar to that, can't quite remember what the library called though (I'm at work so I can't check, don't think it was sd_alert), but when you used it the proc would either return null, or you could just check to see if the datum was null.
However, I do recall that it was troublesome if the prompt was closed by the user roughly when the prompt datum was deleted, the user would become bugged and could not receive any more alert()s or input()s... never managed to solve the issue.