ID:273422

I didn't quite know where to post this, I apologize if it's in the wrong spot.

I was looking into Date stuff (I was trying to remember if DM has a date parser built in, to convert a "world.realtime" to something meaningful to humans), and I found Polaris's Date Functions library (http://www.byond.com/developer/Polaris8920/DateFunctions). The library appears to be "legit", included in the DM.libraries, but, when I run the demo, it's just plain wrong. For one thing, the default PST timezone that it starts on gives the time as -1:60 AM, whereas my timezone gives the time as 1:60 AM. (The time is currently 10:43 PM CST)

Does anyone know what the deal with this library is? I feel like it wouldn't be in DM.libraries if it was just worthless. Could the issue be on my side? (My own computer clock is wrong by several hours, but I can't imagine that'd matter...)
Is there a built-in function, or another library that provides similar features? (Right now, I'm really only -needing- the date parser. But the other features, like Date math, might come in handy down the road)
Chessmaster_19 wrote:
I didn't quite know where to post this

As this is about a specific library, the discussion section of the library in question might be a good start (as that automatically notifies the developer).

Chessmaster_19 wrote:
I feel like it wouldn't be in DM.libraries if it was just worthless.

Actually, everybody can contribute to the libraries, so this is by no means related to quality (without having seen the specific library in question).

Chessmaster_19 wrote:
My own computer clock is wrong by several hours, but I can't imagine that'd matter

As far as In recall, yes, that could matter, though I might be wrong on that point.