ID:273582

I remember seeing a post similar to this but what was in it wasn't helpful at all.

Basically what I am looking to do is display "worldsay" on my chatbar so that when people type then their text shows up in worldsay.

Also they can hit backspace to clear the set text and type in something like "say" or "OOC" and then type their message and it'll come up in said channel.

Any help on how to do this?
"For input controls, if your command starts with an exclamation point (!), everything after the ! is shown as a default prompt that may be cleared by the user." - Skin Reference

Is that what you meant?

If so, set the command of your input to "!worldsay" (excluding the quotes)
In response to DarkCampainger
Oh my gosh, thank you so much. This thing was eating me alive inside.
In response to Paul De La Torre
If you are using a skin with an input control, you can change the input control to use only one command as a default. It will not show any command name before the text entered, so players can't delete the text and use another verb. That input would be dedicated to that one command.

What is nice about that is the fact that you can then make one verb to parse commands, which redirect to other verbs.

Something like Parse_Input(T) -- which could look for certain tags like /s (shout) or /e (emote) and manipulates how the text is performed.