ID:273676

Well, I'm making a MMORPG and I want a system where you could go to our website and lookup players profiles by typing in their username. Is this possible? I would like to code this with PHP or DMCGI. Someone point me in the right direction, please.
I'm confused, are you trying to create a system where player's that have played your game are also recognized on the website, or are you referring to BYOND member profiles?
An Epic Fail wrote:
Well, I'm making a MMORPG and I want a system where you could go to our website and lookup players profiles by typing in their username. Is this possible? I would like to code this with PHP or DMCGI. Someone point me in the right direction, please.

Something along the lines of this? It's certainly possible, although you need to use Dantom.DB and MySQL for storing things if you want to get at them in PHP. DMCGI can read BYOND savefiles, but is somewhat unsupported these days.
In response to Destroy
Destroy wrote:
Something along the lines of this? It's certainly possible, although you could use Dantom.DB and MySQL for storing things if you want to get at them in PHP. DMCGI can read BYOND savefiles, but is somewhat unsupported these days.

Fixed.

There are multiple methods. Personally I'm a bit more partial to creating xml files with the profile data. Mostly just because I'd like to limit the number of connections to my MySQL server as much as possible. And providing xml profile data allows a much wider range of options.
In response to Zagreus
Zagreus wrote:
There are multiple methods. Personally I'm a bit more partial to creating xml files with the profile data. Mostly just because I'd like to limit the number of connections to my MySQL server as much as possible. And providing xml profile data allows a much wider range of options.

Agreed, XML would suit this nicely.
In response to CauTi0N
CauTi0N wrote:
I'm confused, are you trying to create a system where player's that have played your game are also recognized on the website, or are you referring to BYOND member profiles?

Yes, sorry for such a delay.