ID:274064

I'm referring to the new practice of listing the bug-spotter with the bug. A nifty incentive.

Hopefully this weekend I'll find a couple bugs... wait, what am I saying?! Hopefully I won't run into any bugs at all!
On 5/26/00 6:57 am Guy T. wrote:
I'm referring to the new practice of listing the bug-spotter with the bug. A nifty incentive.

Yes, and then they could offer an all-expenses-paid trip to Vegas to hobnob with BYOND afficionados in a convention setting to the person with the most bug reports.

Z
In response to Zilal
Yes, and then they could offer an all-expenses-paid trip to Vegas to hobnob with BYOND afficionados in a convention setting to the person with the most bug reports.

I think I'm seeing a theme here...

That would be pretty neat. In the meantime, maybe there could be a "convention within a convention" somewhere; it would be especially fun if it was an unrelated convention, like a plumbing industry trade show or something. Hmm. I'll have to watch "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" again.
In response to Guy T.

[snip]
In the meantime, maybe there could be a "convention within a convention" somewhere; it would be especially fun if it was an unrelated convention, like a plumbing industry trade show or something.

Wait! An even better idea... why not use BYOND to bring all the glitz of Vegas to us?

Hmm... to quote Hedley Lamarr, "My mind is aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention."

Maybe games could pay off in "virskees" (virtual skee-ball tickets). Then, using BYOND's world-to-world communication, various games could let you use your winnings to buy equipment and perks.

For starters, it would need a game-within-a-game library, like Zilal, Gabriel, Tom, et al. discussed a while back.

Again, hmm...
In response to Zilal

Be warned, however, that feature requests which cause new bugs count against you!
In response to Dan
What about the supposed easter egg? Is it an all-expenses-paid trip to Las Vegas to hobnob with BYOND afficionados in a convention setting?

Z