ID:274068

Quote from a recent post:
* And the Idiot-of-the-Year Award goes to: Spuzzum, from Coquitlam, British Columbia, for his inability to see things right under his nose!

Ah, but is it not the case, Mr. Spuzzum, that you are not, after all, from Coquitlam, but rather, from... Spuzzum?

The prosecution rests. :)
Ah, but is it not the case, Mr. Spuzzum, that you are not, after all, from Coquitlam, but rather, from... Spuzzum?

Prosecutions! Of all the... well, fine. If you want war, you got it!

Truth be told, Spuzzum, B.C. really does exist. It's beyond Hope. ;-)

Spuzzum consists of little more than a gas station, and six houses. Each house is fairly old and rustic. As far as I know, everyone in my life that can drive actually speeds up a little when going by Spuzzum... it isn't a good looker. I mean, who wants to look at a wide spot in the road?

I picked the name because it sparks instant recognition from native British Columbians, and sounds pretty weird to others ;-)

You know, in the future, I might apply for mayorhood of Spuzzum. I'd be a good mayor... I wonder if we'd hold community meetings in my living room...
In response to Spuzzum
Funny... when I think of Spuzzum I think of the M:tG card Floral Spuzzum, which is a fungus or something. I always assumed you took your name from that!

Z
In response to Zilal
On 6/7/00 3:34 pm Zilal wrote:
Funny... when I think of Spuzzum I think of the M:tG card Floral Spuzzum, which is a fungus or something. I always assumed you took your name from that!

A fungus? Uh, oh, Guy's going to be bugging me with THAT one for a while ;-)

(An excellent precursor to "The Fungus Among Us"...)
In response to Spuzzum

If I remember right, WotC is in the Pacific Northwest, which, if I also remember right, isn't too far from British Columbia... probably someone at WotC saw it on a map and was enchanted by its euphony.

A fungus? Uh, oh, Guy's going to be bugging me with THAT one for a while ;-)

(An excellent precursor to "The Fungus Among Us"...)

Heh, heh... TFAU development is temporarily on the back burner, though no doubt it's only a matter of time before I pick it up again. It's just too good an idea to abandon. :) But after hours and hours of fine-tuning the tentacle function and seeing it work fine for my mob, I moved on to giving the NPC monsters the same ability, and immediately they started leaving fragments of tentacle all over the floor. O, the frustration! Well, if nothing else, I'll probably return to it when the cold weather comes back...

But, yes, I will almost certainly be bugging you with it. :)
In response to Guy T.
probably someone at WotC saw it on a map and was enchanted by its euphony.

If not, it sure says something about American views about Canadians... a village full of fungi... =)