ID:274083

I really like the Forum colors. Especially the cool (in both common senses of the word) blue letters for the primary text.

Just FYI. :)
<BODY TEXT="#0000a0" LINK="#0000a0" BACKGROUND="http://members.aol.com/zilal/ORNATE7.JPG">

It all seems rather purplish to me, but coolly purplish, not little girl lollipop purplish. The lavender text seems to make the blue parts look purple. (Is this the same text Guy said was cool blue?) Along the lines of those first browse-button complaints we made, though, I have to say that the navigation frame on the left looks a little utilitarian and industrial. Like you guys are selling car parts. A combination of the typeface and colors used.

Well, aren't I critical. I invite you all to critique my current Cerulea logo, which has a bit of a different style from the one I originally used. I was trying to put the nice creamy backround on my post that I have on my web page, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

Z
In response to Zilal
The lavender text seems to make the blue parts look purple. (Is this the same text Guy said was cool blue?)

Yep, you're right, the text is lavender... well, whatever it is, it works. :)

Along the lines of those first browse-button complaints we made, though, I have to say that the navigation frame on the left looks a little utilitarian and industrial. Like you guys are selling car parts. A combination of the typeface and colors used.

It looks nice to me, but maybe our browsers are displaying the font differently. (Looks like maybe Arial Bold on mine.) They could probably replace the text with actual images -- but that would take up bandwidth I need for my games!

Well, aren't I critical. I invite you all to critique my current Cerulea logo, which has a bit of a different style from the one I originally used. I was trying to put the nice creamy backround on my post that I have on my web page, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

It's very classy! The only suggestion I have is that you might try to fade the upper and lower parts of the right edge, to match the way the rest of the logo fades to white around the edges. Without that it has a kind of "lopped off" look.

[edited to add this note:]
Also, the right edge is perfectly straight, where the rest of the icon has a more organic crinkliness. Maybe you could rough it up a little?
In response to Guy T.
On 8/21/00 10:48 am Guy T. wrote:
It's very classy! The only suggestion I have is that you might try to fade the upper and lower parts of the right edge, to match the way the rest of the logo fades to white around the edges. Without that it has a kind of "lopped off" look.

[edited to add this note:]
Also, the right edge is perfectly straight, where the rest of the icon has a more organic crinkliness. Maybe you could rough it up a little?

The right side is kind of out of sync with the rest of it. I had gotten frustrated and given up while working on it, but it doesn't look quite so bad when it's on its offwhite background. (You can view it in its natural environment here.) However, I do hope to have a logo that looks fine on any background some day.

Here's the former logo, which is definitely a different style:

Z
Okay, I have one little beef about the colors. The "last edited" thing is way too bright. Could you match it to the text colors? It makes me feel like "Ha ha! This post was made by someone too mediocre to get it right the first time!".

Other than that, I like the color scheme. However, my favorite will always remain grey on black, with red links and white highlights. But don't steal my scheme =).