ID:274099

Well, October is just around the corner and there's been a nip in the Northeast Ohio air these last few days. So it's time to start thinking about Halloween. And you can imagine my delight when I stopped at Best Buy on the way home from work and found that two spooky classics from my childhood had been released on DVD: "The Amityville Horror" (which my parents, God bless 'em, took me to see in its theatrical release when I was 9 or 10... an excellent follow-up to the first runs of "Westworld", "Jaws", and "Halloween") and "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2" (possibly the funniest horror movie ever made).

Ahhhh... life has its ups and downs, but at this moment, life is good. Hopefully the house on Ocean Avenue is as kooky as I remember. (I don't have to worry how TCM2 has held up over time, because I see it about once a year... it's almost as quotable as "Blazing Saddles" or "Monty Python and the Holy Grail".)
Ahhhh... life has its ups and downs, but at this moment, life is good. Hopefully the house on Ocean Avenue is as kooky as I remember. (I don't have to worry how TCM2 has held up over time, because I see it about once a year... it's almost as quotable as "Blazing Saddles" or "Monty Python and the Holy Grail".)

"And you will give us... a SHRUBBERY! Neigh! Neigh!" =)
In response to Spuzzum
"And you will give us... a SHRUBBERY! Neigh! Neigh!" =)

"What else floats in water?"
"A church?"
"Very small rocks?"

TCM2 quotes are even weirder. Some of them may not sink in until you've seen it multiple times. For example, today at lunch I was idly poking holes in a styrofoam plate with a toothpick, and a line came into my head (a modest coincidence... hadn't even thought about the movie for a couple weeks). But it would be completely meaningless to anyone who hasn't seen the show, so I kept it to myself.

The line was: "Built you a little fry house."
On 9/29/00 5:54 pm Guy T. wrote:
Well, October is just around the corner and there's been a nip in the Northeast Ohio air these last few days. So it's time to start thinking about Halloween.

Don't forget, I'm 16 in 26 days! Tomorrow is day A, and a respective letter of the alphabet for each day afterwards... Can you tell I already know what my birthday present is? =)

(It's Visual C++ 6.0... shh, don't tell anyone.)
In response to Spuzzum
On 10/3/00 1:55 pm Spuzzum wrote:

Hmm. C++.

I'd prefer a sweater, or suicide, but it is a pretty critical thing to understand in the current game programming industry.

It's a good thing to get to know -- just keep remembering that it has nothing to do with object-oriented programming and you'll be fine.
In response to Spuzzum
On 10/3/00 1:55 pm Spuzzum wrote:

Don't forget, I'm 16 in 26 days! Tomorrow is day A, and a respective letter of the alphabet for each day afterwards... Can you tell I already know what my birthday present is? =)

Ouch. With all the stress that'll give you, you'll be 30 by your next birthday.

Well, maybe not. I use VC 5.0. Perhaps they fixed all of the bugs for the 6.0 version. Hahahah ... Tom made a funny.