ID:274102

I'm dying to know if the new path stuff in 253 works. Spuzz-- can you double-click-to-launch your files in "My Documents" (or other spacey places) now?

No one has complained yet so I guess either no one downloaded it or it works. I'm hoping for the latter. Actually, either one is fine, as long as I don't have to fix anything.
On 10/5/00 8:20 pm Tom H. wrote:
I'm dying to know if the new path stuff in 253 works. Spuzz-- can you double-click-to-launch your files in "My Documents" (or other spacey places) now?

Nope, I just moved it there and it gives the same "No server is currently registered under that name."

No one has complained yet so I guess either no one downloaded it or it works. I'm hoping for the latter. Actually, either one is fine, as long as I don't have to fix anything.

I did choice #3... 'don't-try-seeing-if-it-works-because-you're-too-lazy-to-both er'. =)
In response to Spuzzum
On 10/5/00 8:45 pm Spuzzum wrote:
On 10/5/00 8:20 pm Tom H. wrote:

Nope, I just moved it there and it gives the same "No server is currently registered under that name."

Crap! Back to the drawing board.

[Edited] What the heck? It doesn't work for me now either. I swear this worked last night when I uploaded.

Here is the manual way to get it to work, btw:

* Run regedit and open up HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/dmb_file/shell/open/command

* edit the Default path as so:

""C:\Program Files\Byond\bin\dreamseeker.exe" "%1""

Note the quotes. I need to automatically insert that pair around the %1, but can't get the installer to do it right.

The quotes are so that each argument doesn't get delineated by the spaces. I attempted to make the programs figure this out, and it works on my machine, but I guess there's something else going wrong with yours.

If that works, then repeat for dme_file, etc.
In response to Tom H.

What the heck? It doesn't work for me now either. I swear this worked last night when I uploaded.

Ack! I accidentally uploaded the wrong "update" yesterday. I just put the fixed one up. Those of you who downloaded it (not the full-install, that was fine)-- please try again. The path stuff should work now.
In response to Tom H.
On 10/5/00 9:39 pm Tom H. wrote:
What the heck? It doesn't work for me now either. I swear this worked last night when I uploaded.

Ack! I accidentally uploaded the wrong "update" yesterday. I just put the fixed one up. Those of you who downloaded it (not the full-install, that was fine)-- please try again. The path stuff should work now.

Oy. I'll have to get that when I get home. =P