ID:274108

Very successful! We had some heated battles of L&D, a few more rounds of Sheep II, and finished with a custom tour of Cerulea courtesy of Zilal. The only problem we encountered all night was a problem where the sheep stopped moving in Sheep II, but hopefully the logfile will explain that away. All in all, it was great fun. I encourage everyone to attend. Some of our regulars are constructing new games that look to be available soon.

Next GoB: tentatively Tuesday, 7PM PST (10PM EST)
See you there!
On 10/15/00 8:28 pm Tom H. wrote:
Very successful! We had some heated battles of L&D, a few more rounds of Sheep II, and finished with a custom tour of Cerulea courtesy of Zilal. The only problem we encountered all night was a problem where the sheep stopped moving in Sheep II, but hopefully the logfile will explain that away. All in all, it was great fun. I encourage everyone to attend. Some of our regulars are constructing new games that look to be available soon.

See you there!

Darn, had to miss the Cerulea tour!

But well my stomach just wasn't going any longer without dinner.
Very successful! We had some heated battles of L&D, a few more rounds of Sheep II, and finished with a custom tour of Cerulea courtesy of Zilal. The only problem we encountered all night was a problem where the sheep stopped moving in Sheep II, but hopefully the logfile will explain that away. All in all, it was great fun. I encourage everyone to attend.

I just realized I spent 5 1/2 hours in the GoB tonight. Wow...

What's really amazing is my modem didn't act up even once. :)

See you there!

Yep!
In response to Guy T.
On 10/15/00 9:35 pm Guy T. wrote:
See you there!

Yep!

No guarantees, but I will TRY to have the multi-player version of my classic game available for Tuesday.

Of course being the first time it is played multi-player, it won't work or anything. But that's part of the fun, eh!

Also I realized I've been talking up my projects too much.

It's time to do what they call in politics "lowering expectations".

So...the next level in L&D has crack whores and abused children and other uplifting stuff like that, and my classic game is 52 Pick-Up.

There, are your expectations lowered yet?
In response to Deadron
On 10/15/00 9:59 pm Deadron wrote:

It's time to do what they call in politics "lowering expectations".

I kind of liked the pleasant anticipation that came from your saying the next LD level would be awesome... but you mustn't think that means I would be disappointed if it weren't. Not with a free game, anyway. I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Z
See you there!

Oops I think that is Presidential debate time, so I won't be around until later (but should be able to make some of it).

Anyway, my initial classic game release would be more realistic for Thursday anyway.
Very successful! We had some heated battles of L&D, a few more rounds of Sheep II, and finished with a custom tour of Cerulea courtesy of Zilal.

I try to learn about life wherever I can, so I thought I should communicate this one that we learned in our last GoB:

--------------
Lesson #1:

Don't ask a roomful of people carrying guns to hurt you so people can see what it looks like when you bleed.
--------------

It works in real life too!

I thank Zilal for dedicating her avatar body to social science.

(I was laughing so hard that my partner came in to see what was up...)
In response to Deadron
On 10/16/00 12:21 pm Deadron wrote:
--------------
Lesson #1:

Don't ask a roomful of people carrying guns to hurt you so people can see what it looks like when you bleed.
--------------

If anyone missed it... I had a mostly-red icon in L&D, and the others were saying I had an edge since no one could tell when I turned red from lack of health. I disagreed and asked that someone attack me for demonstration purposes. Half a dozen bullets came flying at me and I must have died in about a second.

Z
In response to Deadron

I have too. But I think some of it may be justified, if I ever manage to finish these wonderful, awesome, cool games. ;-)

There's such a thing as exaggeration... of course, I'm not guilty of it. Of course. These games are outrageously interestingly amazing! Again, I'm not exaggerating. Well, maybe I was after the word "these" in the paragraph above. And maybe in this entire aside as well. Heck, just ignore this post. ;-)
In response to Zilal
If anyone missed it... I had a mostly-red icon in L&D, and the others were saying I had an edge since no one could tell when I turned red from lack of health. I disagreed and asked that someone attack me for demonstration purposes. Half a dozen bullets came flying at me and I must have died in about a second.

Wish I could've seen it. Of course, I would've been the one firing the killing blow ;-)
In response to Spuzzum
On 10/16/00 12:51 pm Spuzzum wrote:

Wish I could've seen it. Of course, I would've been the one firing the killing blow ;-)

What was funny was how fast it was. I think Guy and I fired at about the same instant -- so Z had just finished saying "someone hurt me" when BAM BAM she was dead and instantly vanished.

Tom described it as something out of Reservoir Dogs.
In response to Deadron
On 10/16/00 2:01 pm Deadron wrote:

Tom described it as something out of Reservoir Dogs.

I was laughing so hard I almost fell out of my chair. The funniest thing was how trigger-happy we all were (I was one of the culprits as well, but I think my blow was half a second after the fatal one). There were no, "are you sure, Z?" or anything, just, like you said:

"Hey, would someone mind attacking m.."

BAM BAM BAM

No more Z.