ID:274126

Is anyone else having trouble accessing this website today? The connection appears to be very slow for me, and I'm wondering if the problem is on my end or not.
On 12/8/00 10:01 pm Tom H. wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble accessing this website today? The connection appears to be very slow for me, and I'm wondering if the problem is on my end or not.

Lol, I'd forgotten the site... let alone the company... even existed! But alas, it loads quite speedily for me.

Z
In response to Zilal
On 12/8/00 11:32 pm Zilal wrote:
On 12/8/00 10:01 pm Tom H. wrote:

Lol, I'd forgotten the site... let alone the company... even existed! But alas, it loads quite speedily for me.

Z

Oh, I should have clarified. Dantom.com and byond.com are the same server; I just meant that this site was loading particularly slowly for me. It seems okay now, but since it was so sluggish all day I am a bit concerned.
In response to Tom H.
On 12/8/00 11:48 pm Tom H. wrote:
Oh, I should have clarified. Dantom.com and byond.com are the same server; I just meant that this site was loading particularly slowly for me. It seems okay now, but since it was so sluggish all day I am a bit concerned.

Oh, heh! I'd thought they were on the same server too. But they've been fine for me. You should stop feeding them processed sugar products for breakfast.

Z

The forum seems to be responding fine. However, at the last GoB there were a few instances of lag where it seemed as though most of the players got it at the same time... coincidence?

There might be some kind of freeware or open-source tools you could use to track the server's health (CPU usage, network usage, etc.)... if you want me to look for some, let me know.
In response to Guy T.
On 12/9/00 6:17 am Guy T. wrote:
The forum seems to be responding fine. However, at the last GoB there were a few instances of lag where it seemed as though most of the players got it at the same time... coincidence?

Since I seemed to be the only one not having lag, I think the obvious conclusion is that my mad phat RPG skills left everyone in my turbulent wake; yo. (Whenever it happens that for once, you are fine, and everyone else is having lag, you think of it as something like poetic justice for a moment before realizing it's not very much fun to play with people who are lagging too badly to do anything.)

Z
In response to Guy T.
On 12/9/00 6:17 am Guy T. wrote:

I doubt it. Dan and I have noticed the same periodic thing up at dantom. I hadn't seen it in a while, though, so I'm not sure.

There might be some kind of freeware or open-source tools you could use to track the server's health (CPU usage, network usage, etc.)... if you want me to look for some, let me know.

Anything you can find would be great. If you can't find anything, I'll just write a little script to ping some stable server for a long period of time; we can see if there is a pattern in the statistics.