ID:274131

We had a problem with the automated-billing system for our host provider and it responded a manner typical of these unforgiving computers: by cutting off access to the website. Vile machine!

Anyway, as you can see we are back up now. My apologies.

This morning I imagined a whole catalog of horrible things that might have happened, like a Secret Service raid, or Dantom skipping town with investors' money... what a relief!
In response to Guy T.
On 12/18/00 4:28 pm Guy T. wrote:

This morning I imagined a whole catalog of horrible things that might have happened, like a Secret Service raid, or Dantom skipping town with investors' money... what a relief!

I wish! Just technical problems, unfortunately. It happened again this morning (until who knows when .. I just checked in); I'm seriously hoping it's over now.
In response to Tom H.
On 12/19/00 2:27 pm Tom H. wrote:
On 12/18/00 4:28 pm Guy T. wrote:

I wish! Just technical problems, unfortunately. It happened again this morning (until who knows when .. I just checked in); I'm seriously hoping it's over now.

It was from Midnight to 2 something this afternoon.

No access to my email in that time, and it's been a bad time to have business associates evaluating BYOND (for this and lag reasons).

Hopefully we'll be back on track here.

Is there some way to raise a flag on this when email is down? I knew about it for 14 hours with no way to tell anyone.
In response to Deadron
On 12/19/00 3:01 pm Deadron wrote:

It was from Midnight to 2 something this afternoon.

No access to my email in that time, and it's been a bad time to have business associates evaluating BYOND (for this and lag reasons).

Hopefully we'll be back on track here.

Is there some way to raise a flag on this when email is down? I knew about it for 14 hours with no way to tell anyone.

I apologize, Ron. Unfortunately I was as helpless as you. I sent them multiple messages the moment it went down, but I guess no one bothered to check them until just recently. As you can imagine, I am quite irked about all this. It's not even a real technical problem-- our account was disabled in the same way that one's electricity gets disabled when you haven't paid a bill; but they never bothered to tell us it was that time! Apparently it is all cleared up now, but I am trying to get in touch with the right people so I can verify that this is the case.

The site was completely operational-- just not accessible-- so you shouldn't have lost any email. Still, I understand the irritation.