ID:274141

There hasn't been a new BYOND release since January 14! Are we expected to believe that Dantom has done nothing in three whole weeks? No! And moreover, nay! They're keeping it a secret for their own diabolical ends, just as they did with non-carcinogenic cigarettes and the 90-miles-per-gallon carburetor (or 254233.437846783 centimeters per deciliter). [1]

Of course, Dantom's lapdogs will say that this is because there are so few bugs to fix now (only two bug reports in the past week, not counting the underscore thing, which strikes me as more of a feature request, albeit a good one). But I know better!

...OK, I admit it... I'm just babbling because I don't want to work on Cribbage. But I guess I will now.

[1] I was going to actually calculate the real figure but upon reflection realized it just wasn't worth it. Besides which, the only people who would actually care would also spell "centimeter" and "deciliter" with the last two letters reversed. :)
<small>[1] I was going to actually calculate the real figure but upon reflection realized it just wasn't worth it. Besides which, the only people who would actually care would also spell "centimeter" and "deciliter" with the last two letters reversed. :)</small>

That's how you weird Americans should spell it, too! But with your crazy Independence War and all... =)

(Actually, before I get miscellaneous flames from overly patriotic Americans, I am also quite unenamoured of the 'motherland'. The people are fine, but the royalty... well, let's just say I'd be much happier if Canada didn't have a Governor-General)
On 2/5/01 6:28 pm Guy T. wrote:
(only two bug reports in the past week, not counting the underscore thing, which strikes me as more of a feature request, albeit a good one). But I know better!

Ah, then you must have intercepted my private emails to Tom regarding the obscure icon bug I found. So that makes at least 3 bug reports... any more that you know of but aren't telling the rest of us?
On 2/5/01 6:28 pm Guy T. wrote:
There hasn't been a new BYOND release since January 14! Are we expected to believe that Dantom has done nothing in three whole weeks?

Welcome back, Mr. T!

Of course your suspicions are correct. We violated our pact yet again and have added yet more crap for the 272 "final" release. As usual Dan did the bulk of the damage (and I say "damage" quite literally, as a pre-release of one of the new features crashed my machine!). But I think you'll like what's in store-- mainly a more convenient way to track and play games.

We've also added a few new web toys that should be up any day now.

The plan is to tentatively have a release ready tommorow night or perhaps Wed. Stay tuned!
In response to Spuzzum
On 2/5/01 6:35 pm Spuzzum wrote:
(Actually, before I get miscellaneous flames from overly patriotic Americans, I am also quite unenamoured of the 'motherland'. The people are fine, but the royalty... well, let's just say I'd be much happier if Canada didn't have a Governor-General)

I'd be much happier if I could vote directly for my Prime Minister.... Hey! I went off topic and the Subject still holds true! =;)
In response to Ernie Dirt
I'm just posting to say I love the name Ernie Dirt. No deception.

Zilal Notdirt
In response to Zilal
On 2/18/01 11:23 pm Zilal wrote:
I'm just posting to say I love the name Ernie Dirt. No deception.

Zilal Notdirt

Thanks! It was a very popular Wasteland name for me and my buddy! We had an Ernie Dirt every time we played! It was good clean fun....

What is the origin of your rather unique name?

On the side, if anyone out there ever managed to Hex edit your Dos WL characters, TELL ME! Let me be free to dream of new things!
In response to Ernie Dirt
On 2/19/01 3:12 pm Ernie Dirt wrote:
What is the origin of your rather unique name?

Zilal was a name I made up for a character in a fantasy story. The funny thing is, when I got AIM a while back it didn't occur to me to set the privacy preferences I had on AOL, and I got IMed by someone named Bilal who thought I was his sister. He was in Saudi Arabia. Zilal is an Arabic woman's name. Go figure.

There is no last name to Zilal. Notdirt is a nice one, though.

Z