ID:274153

For Tom and anyone else who might possibly be bored enough to care: this is what I was bitching about during our game of UNA GODS: Dance Fever Edition. I think I may very well have enjoyed the game as much as Guy did if my stupid company-issued Compaq laptop didn't have such a crappy MIDI device. I wrote both of the little MIDI ditties (heh, get it? MIDI ditty - it rhymes!) and they sound superb on my "real" music hardware: a Roland SoundCanvas SC-88 controlled by a PowerMac G3 (ooh, ooh, blatant plug opportunity - to learn more about my music stuff, go here). But they are downright annoying on my laptop. Compare for yourself, as I recorded them to mp3 for your listening enjoyment (or annoyance):

I hope all of your computers have better MIDI sound than this laptop...

Did I just waste some time doing all that or what?
On 3/16/01 12:27 am Air Mapster wrote:
they sound superb on my "real" music hardware: a Roland SoundCanvas SC-88 controlled by a PowerMac G3 (ooh, ooh, blatant plug opportunity - to learn more about my music stuff, go here). But they are downright annoying on my laptop.

I know that feeling! It there must be as many midi configurations as there are computers. I have the greatest drums ever created on a soundbank, but I can't use them since nobody will hear them on midi... And reverb is changing from card to card as well. Mixing is (almost) useless when composing for midi. Too bad, it's a nice and small format.

Nice 5/4 on Dancefever. :)

/Andreas
I've heard worse!!!!!