ID:274701

Does tae kwon do really help you ? i think not. i believe tae kwon do and kung fu are evil. judo and karate are better. i stopped it with the 20 lb dumbells. it jut hurts too much. iv'e downgraded to 10 lb ones. much nicer, builds endurance better.
Swordsman Zion wrote:
Does tae kwon do really help you ? i think not. i believe tae kwon do and kung fu are evil. judo and karate are better. i stopped it with the 20 lb dumbells. it jut hurts too much. iv'e downgraded to 10 lb ones. much nicer, builds endurance better.

Well, I wouldn't know much about karate or kung fu, but I do know that tae kwon do has tons of kicks. Judo, I know has good throws, but I prefer tae kwon do because of the fact that good kickers can avoid being on the ground, unless the opponent can quickly get in. However, we do learn some throws.
In response to Drafonis
Ah but rarely does use the upper body strength which I like, Mostly for blocking or setting up a good hold or throw is the only time a punch is thrown. I prefer a mix of them all, I have a Filipino teacher that does em all in one which I like.
i believe tae kwon do and kung fu are evil. judo and karate are better.

I should smack you so hard. But I won't cause I'm a nice guy. Kung fu is the greatest, it's the only physical martial art that focuses on internal energies. Karate, is what the samurais used. When they used it, it was OK, but it was still a derivitive of Kung Fu which is over a thousand years old. Karate is America is way over commercialized, they even commercilized the name, its not pronounced Ka-ra-tee, its pronounced Ka-ra-tey. American karate will hirer anyone to teach and they don't do the best job in it. I took tae kwon do and karate both when I was little and I thought it was OK, but thats when I was little. Now that I take Kung Fu, karate seems so childish and poorly put together. As for tae kwan do, it was not as bad as karate, but still nothing compared to kung fu. I think the main reason I like my Kung Fu so much is that its a Masters System, which means its made from both northern and southern styles. Northern styles focused more on fancy strikes, such as spear hand and lepords fist, things that you will never use in a fight. Southern which focuses more on stances and basic strikes that will win a fight from the base. Well I'm sure I'm boring you all with this so I'll stop now.
In response to JordanUl
I for one Like Taekwon-do, since the only thing i can really do is do some good kicks.And Taekwon-do has helped me out alot, like now i can kick higher and i can stretch better than other people like now i can sit for hours with my head on my ankles while other people struggle to actual stay still in the position.But what i really wanna try is Judo or Kendo, then again Kickboxing, Wrestling or Mayu Thai could be fun.
There is a hell load of Martial Arts to choose from, so i don't know why people some complain on just one. i don't know why i just said that cause I HATE KARATE!!!

calm...calm....calm...
Lata Peoples
Swordsman Zion wrote:

I would have to say you are wrong, I took a Martial Arts called Mudokwan, it was Tae Kwon Do, Judo, and Hapkido, and I found that Tae Kwon Do was the most helpful of them all, Judo was the funnest though
In response to Deadman Walking
Deadman Walking wrote:
I HATE KARATE!!!

At least someone agrees with me :)
I keep reading your posts about doing things with extra weight here and there, and I have to warn you. You're not going to improve at all compared to what you would if you just got a professional weight trainer to teach you how to work out in a GYM!!!

My brother knows every muscle in the body and he teachs me how to work each one, I weigh around 150 pounds and bench close to 275, I can do over a 120 crunches in a minute and over a 100 push ups easy in a minute. I didn't get this from adding weights on my back while I do push ups, hell no. YOu're just going to hurt yourself, throw out your back more like it then you won't beable to work out at all and your muscles will just atrophie(did I spell it right?) then all that time you spent in the gym will be wasted.

Just a little advise from a 17 year old, but hell what do I know... almost everything I know about weight training has been from what others have told me.